Sunday 16 January 2011

Pedometer - walking, exercise


I would get up from bed in the morning, sit in the car while i drive 30 minutes to work, then sit in a cubicle for most of the day, drive back home, then sit in front of my TV or computer for the rest of the night till I retire to my bed. Not alot of walking. To be honest, the main reason why i was inclined to purchase this was from watching Super Size Me ( if you havnt seen it, I suggest you do) so I decided to see how much walking I actually do and it wasnt good-- a mere 2500 steps a day, which is about a mile. Just to put things into perspective, the average newyorker walks around 4-5 miles a day. I've had this pedometer for about 2 weeks now and I've worn it everyday without fail. After 2 weeks, I'm very happy with the performance and features of this excellent little device.

Pros:

-very small ( a little bigger than a pack of gum)

-seems to work anywhere, pocket, purse, bag

-Counts steps, calories and distance

-split mode, which is useful when pacing a specific event during the day

-7 day memory

- auto-off turns the pedometer off when not in use and turns back on when it detects movement, which im sure lengthens battery life



cons:

-too small sometimes, I've lost this thing a few times already in the big void of my purse

-suggest reading the manual to use to full extent.



I'm very happy with this pedometer, and im even thinking of picking up a few more for gifts.

This pedometer excels beyond my initial expectations, especially consdiering that the price is reasonably lower than other similar pedometers like the Omrom. I've always been an Omrom fan but the last two i had from them ended up breaking within a month. Im actually pretty happy about this one by Ozeri. Its packed full of features and is suprisingly more accurate than i had initially expected. I guess time will tell if this one will last me but its been great so far.

I've never used a pedometer before but decided to get this to help give me some measurable figures when I work out. I've had this device for about a week and what I really like about it is I can just pick it up, put it in my pocket and just go (running, walking, etc) and it will automatically start taking measurements. I don't have to worry about turning it on and setting it up before I start. I've started just putting it in my pocket at when I'm at work and seeing how many steps I take it each and how far I've walked. It's interesting to see how much walking I do even though our office building is pretty small. I would definitely recommend this little device to anyone who works out or would like to improve their health through exercise and is looking for an easy to use, reliable product.

I have it for a couple of weeks now. Will come back later to update.



Likes:

1) Does appear to count the steps reasonably well

2) Small and easily fits into pockets



Dislikes:

1) Way off on kcals and distance, even though I had set the step length quite accurately. I have a Polar heart rate monitor and a treadmill and while the kcal reading of the heart rate monitor and the treadmill are quite similar, the kcal reading on the pedometer differ considerably with the other two.

2) Within the first week of use, the unit reset by itself and all my initial settings were lost. NOTE: Make sure you don't lose the little manual that comes with it so that you can go back and change the initial settings. Getting into the mode to change the settings is non-intuitive and you'll certainly need to follow the manual.

3) Resets the step count to zero after a week

4) A bit pricey considering the quirks and lack of features





Recommendation: Given what I know now I would not buy it.

I bought this about a month ago thinking i'd shed some pounds before school starts, but too bad that never really happend. Not exactly my proudest momment, i know but im sure most of you guys have been in my shoes :)



anyways, this pedometer is the only thing that i really kept using, even till now since all you gotta do is stick it in your pocket. this little thing is packed full of gadgetes and gizmos that that takes surprisingly accurate readings and provides you with many different data outputs such as calroies burned, total distance travelled, and of coures, the number of steps. what surprised me most is i left this in my jean pocket while it went through a full cycle wash. I luckily got it before it went to the dryer but it still works! Overall, its a small nifty gadget that's a great tool to pace your activies and half the time. Just be sure to check your clothes before you do the laundry since its so small.

Running, walking, jogging, you name it I probably do it quite often. Maintaining a fit body is a priority to me, especially being in the military.



This pedometer has proven to be durable, efficient, and cost-effective. What more could you ask for?



Highly recommended. - Step Counter - Walking - Fitness - Exercise'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information