Sunday 16 January 2011

Fountain Pen - fountain pen, fine point


I have a parker than cost $50. Comparing the two, this one isn't as nice on the outside but it writes just as well. This one didn't cost $50 so I am not afraid to carry it with me everywhere. Also being a college student I write a lot, and I have switched to writing with ONLY this pen. I don't even carry ball points with me anymore. Super easy to change cartridges when you need to and they last. I will say that I think going with a converter and bottle is much cheaper as far as refills go, but I personally use the cartridge sticks as they are easier to keep in my backpack. THe pen has a good balance and feels very natural and comfortable in the hand. I have used it to write for a hours without stopping and still use it which speaks a lot. I will say that because it is an ink pen, not gel (like ballpoint pens) that you must be aware that ink soaks into paper, as opposed to drying on top. What this means is that if you are using thin notebook paper you will probably need to write on only one side instead of two. Highly recommend if you want to try out a fountain pen. Parker IM Fountain Pen, Black Barrel, Gold Trim - 1760799

I have recently purchased the pen as a Christmas gift. The pen has not been used extensively yet, so likely my judgment might be premature. The pen is not light, I mean it has its own weight. It presents nice. Writing is smooth, the ink goes through it instantaneously. I wish it had a converter included so the ink from a container could be used instead of refills. And also other colors would be welcome (e.g. dark blue).



So far so good.

Theres not much to say. This pen does a great job at what it is supposed to do. As simple as that is, I can say that I have been looking for an inexpensive pen that was a satisfactory writing tool for some time. Parker pens are wonderful, but I had some problems with some of them after the first inevitable fall (or two). So far, this pen is working out just fine--its already been dropped too.



Once the ink got flowing in this pen, it has been great. I'll be refilling it soon. I hope that it continues to work the way it has thus far.

Definitely a quality product. Parker's determination to deliver excellence in every price range is evident in this fountain pen; however, you must remember this producy meets its expectations as a robust, anytime anywhere pen--definitely not made to compete with a $100 dollar Pelikan! Speaking of Pelikan, some Pelikan users might notice the medium nib of this pen is noticeably more narrow than pelikan medium (broad!), so dependig on your writing style, it might take a while to adjust. This pen's weight is maybe 4.5 out of 10. Obviously not the heaviest, but it does possess some heft; it is comfortable for strenuous use. Oveverall, I am very pleased with this pen, as I am comfortable taking it anyplace anywhere.

So, I just got this thing in the mail, and ran it through it's paces. It has a nice weight to it, and writes splendidly with very little force. One draw back is that it does not offer the ability to vary the thickness of a line. The nib is far from flexible, and the ink cuts out as soon as you press down on the pen. If you're looking for a calligraphy pen; this is not the pen for you. However. It is a great everyday writing pen. Good weight, nice hand feel, looks great, and a consistent line!

Ok, I just ordered this yesterday - got it in todays mail, happened to stop home for lunch, and am using it at work already today. It writes well, the weight is perfect, worked right out of the package, can't ask to have gotten it any quicker - Love it - Great all the way! Thanks!~ Can't even leave feedback yet - they tell me it's too soon! :) But Thank you Advantage Gifts! I will be ordering from you again! - Parker - Fountain Pen - Fine Point'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Fountain Pen - fountain pen, fine point parker Fountain Pen - fountain pen, fine point