Friday 10 December 2010

Travel Adapter - travel adapter, portable


I originally set out to get the volume module to replace the one I lost with my original set of Shure SE210s, but then I saw this kit for the same price. You can never have too many 1/8"-1/4" adapters and the airplane adapter is invaluable. The volume module is almost a necessity with the Shure earphone since you'll want to be able to adjust the volume quickly if you need to. Shure EAADPT-KIT Attachable Volume Control

The product performs as expected. The volume control works without any obvious sound distortions. I use it as a resistor to get rid of background static (hissing) on my earphones which are sensitive to the higher power levels on my laptop. Recommended.

I messed up the headphone jack in my 1st gen iPod Touch by pushing in an old plug that was slightly too big. After that, only one channel played.



After dispairing a while and opening the iPod case (which didn't help), I bought the Shure EAADPT along with a Sendstation PocketDock, which allow me to get the audio out of the dock connector of the iPod. They work with all my iPods (we have 4 in our household, a 1st generation, a 2nd gen, and a 4th gen Touch, and a Mini). I use them in two of my cars, plugged into a Monster cassette adaptor. The combination produces crystal clear sound - noticeably better quality than I heard straight from the headphone jack. The sound is clearer because it is the Line output, bypassing some of the amplifier circuitry in the iPod, which I guess is not the best. Even though I bought the Shure and Sendstation for my messed up Touch, I use them whenever I listen to any of the iPods - that's how much better they makes them sound. My only complaint with the Shure is that it is a little too easy to move the adjusting wheel, and it has no marking on it to show the volume level.



Highly recommended. - Headphone Accessories - Travel Adapter - Earphones - Portable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Travel Adapter - travel adapter, portable headphone accessories Travel Adapter - travel adapter, portable