Friday 10 December 2010

Blanket Wrap - as seen on tv, blanket with sleeves


The Snugglette is basically a Snuggie for Kids. The only difference between the 2 is the size of the blanket. I was given 2 snuggies as gifts and they are very warm and comfortable however after just 2 washes the fleece started pilling. For those out there that are unschooled in the differences in fleece, pretty much every fleece in the world is soft and warm to begin with. One of the biggest differences between high quality and low quality fleece lies in the "pilling effect". Pilling occurs when the garment's fibers roll up, often after being washed, and lie on the surface like tiny round pills. This pilling effect serious effects almost every aspect of the fleece including how it feels and its ability to keep heat in. All fleece pills eventually. You can tell how old a Patagonia synchilla jacket is based off of how much pilling has taken place. High quality fleece doesnt pill for quite some time and cheap fleece starts to pill almost immediately. I had serious pilling after only 2 washes with the Snuggies and I am over 20 washes with my Slankets and they still havent shown any sign of pilling yet.



The bottom line - Snuggies are cheaper but you get what you pay for. A Slanket costs more but its going to last you a considerably longer amount of time than the snuggie and it will keep its softness and its ability to keep in warmth much longer than the Snuggie. I gave my Snuggies to the Salvation army and purchased 4 Slankets. My advice is to stay as far away from the Snuggie as possible. Spend a little more and get something that is actually much higher in quality. If however you care more about saving money than actually buying something of quality then maybe the Snuggie is for you after all. Snuggie For Kids - Pink

I totally agree that it's cheap quality fleece; it hardly keeps my kids warm and is over-charged with static electricity. The good? That it works well as a super-large swiffer duster. It picks up all the dust, hair, fuzzies, etc. as soon as it touches the floor.

My daughter has been begging for this and finally received it for Christmas. I was disappointed with the quality. It seems to be made of a very cheap fleece material. Our son received a blanket (I think it was called a Snuglette?) in the same style made by a different company that was MUCH better quality and much softer. However, my daughter loves it and sleeps with it every night.

Knowing the dimensions would have been helpful. One Size Fits All does not apply to lanky 11 year olds. Besides, it was such thin material that it probably wouldn't keep her feet warm even if it covered them!

My girls really wanted snuggies for Xmas this year so I ordered 2 of them online. I guess the products looked more substantial on TV, as I was very disappointed in the quality of this product when it arrived. I am sure with a little effort, I could pull these things apart or certainly poke a hole through them. I was assuming these would be more of blanket type material and not the flimsy, cheap quality that they really are. These people should charge a little more and beef up the product, because they are not designed for keeping anything warm.

The Snuggie for Kids is good quality--possibly a little thinner material than I expected. It seems to be designed for bigger kids--my granddaughter is seven, and small, and on her the snuggy is quite large. It puddles on the floor if she walks while wearing it, but she likes it, and it keeps her warm and comfy, which, since that's its intended purpose, means it's good. - Fleece - Blanket Wrap - As Seen On Tv - Blanket With Sleeves'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blanket Wrap - as seen on tv, blanket with sleeves as seen on tv Blanket Wrap - as seen on tv, blanket with sleeves