Friday 5 November 2010

Office Supplies - art, colors


A co-worker introduced me to Pilot Razor Point pens a couple of years ago, and I instantly fell in love.

I am a scientist, so I spend lots of time writing in notebooks, and I need a pen that is comfortable to use and writes evenly.



I like these pens because the ink dries VERY quickly. I find it hard to smear at all unless I'm trying. Also, the ink goes on very evenly, which is not the case with most pens that I use.



I like the feel of the pen on the paper, and the fine tip allows for thin lines.



These are the only pens that I actively seek out and hide from my co-workers! Great buy for the money. Pilot V Razor Point Extra Fine Marker Pen Assorted Color 8-Pack Pouch, 11008

I have bought many of these Pilot Razor Point Extra Fine Pens and used them ever since they came out about 4 years ago. I really like the size and feel in my hand and how they nest down in my shirt pocket without sticking up very far. However...they don't clip in you pocket very well. Mine were always falling out so I finally started putting a small piece of double stick tape under the clip. This worked good enough.



The ink in the pen is a liquid. You do not want to fly with this pen. The pressure change in the cabins is too much for it. I don't know how many times I would be making notes while sitting on a flight and look down and see ink on my pants or shirt and get to looking and discover that ink was all over my fingers and thus on my clothes. Or start to write and as soon as the tip of my pen touched the paper, ink gushed out because of the pressure inside the pen. At first I was hoping that this was one defective pen. But not so. All the pens are like this. I have banned them from all my travel bags and really don't buy them anymore.



Another point, good and bad, is that they put a lot of ink on the paper. I like this when I am using a porous paper like standard school notebook paper or something similar. However if you are making notes on a very tight weave paper, like vellum or tracing paper or the restaurant charge card receipt, the ink lays on top for a few seconds before it dries. This becomes a smear rather easily if your hand brushes over it.



I was hoping Pilot would improve this pen and I think that is why I have tolerated it for years but it seems they have not.

I love these pens!! I have had this set (and its original case) for many years; I took them everywhere I went and hid them from everyone! The colors are bright, vivid, and the color choices are great when you need more than your basic red, blue and green. The light blue is very crisp, clear and has ample pigment to show up on the paper...it's my favorite color. This set was always my first choice when I needed a colored pen. I've used them to color code my calendar, file folders, special notes and projects. The fine point tip is great for writing in my tiny calendar, but heavy handed writers may want another product...the tips are felt so they will bend with too much pressure. That said I had this set for at least five to seven years before my 7 year old daugther squashed my green tip and it didn't do well after that. A great value for the money, especially since the ink lasts so long. One note on care: Don't leave them in the heat of your car...I would still have mine, but I think the heat expanded the ink inside and they began to leak terribly--operator error killed the pens. LOL.

I used to buy these pens in college because they were some of the best for the money and the different colors made it easy to separate my notes. This is one of the few extra fine point liquid pens you can get that when you hold it down to a piece of paper it doesn't bleed through and make a mess like others do. Also, the fact that there are 8 different colors makes it easy to use for separating or color coding because they are colors that you won't always find everywhere else. There's blue, sky blue, black, brown, pink, purple, green and red. Overall, I think they're a best buy for whatever you'd like to do but particularly for taking notes, grading papers, or copy editing. I would definitely recommend buying them when back to school season rolls around.

I have been purchasing these pens at Staples for at least a few years...and suddenly I can't find them anymore!

I have been in a panic...worried that Pilot stopped making them. These pens are great for writing in small spaces, and my writing is always nice and neat when I use them. I like to use the different colors...and find that different days I am in the mood for different colors, or I like to use certain colors for certain things. I am so relieved to find them on Amazon!

I do a load of highlighting and underlining for maps, plats, etc. This is a great underliner, clean fine lines. Also, it's one of the few that have a clear reservoir, so you can tell if your ink is about to run out. I hate to be in the middle of a plat and have to use another brand - even if you use the same color (blue, etc.) the inks are never the same and it looks sloppy.

I'm an author. I fill up pads and pads and pads with notes. My writing implements are extremely important. These markers require the perfect amount of pressure, and leave the most satisfying amount of ink on the page. My hand and arm rarely wearies with them. I have tried every fine tip marker and gel pen on the market and am sorry for what I did. I will never love another pen again. Please take me back. Please.

PS for an ink pen my one and only is the Papermate Profile 1.4B, but don't make me choose between the two. Didn't you read 'Sophie's Choice?'

I used Pilot Razor Points for note taking in college and had almost forgotten about them since then, but I'm writing a lot these days and wanted the smooth, fluid writing experience again. Hard to find, but Amazon.com always comes to my rescue. - Office Supplies - Colors - Color Ink - Art'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Office Supplies - art, colors color ink Office Supplies - art, colors