Tuesday 16 November 2010

Garmin Charger - nuvi, chargers


I received the first wall charger from United Integral and it was DOA. No LED indicator, no charge. The company was very quick to respond and sent me a second unit. This one lit up the LED when plugged in but the Nuvi 1450 began acting very strangely (it was about 2/3 charged). First it went into mass storage mode so I unplugged the charger then re-plugged it. It started to boot in Nav mode but then went back to mass storage mode. From that point on it seemed to alternately boot between the two modes about once a minute. I wanted a simple AC charger that I could use in NAV mode while charging (still learning how to program routes, etc) so already it was looking like this was not going to work for me. I left it hooked up for a couple of hours and then the low battery warning came up. Eventually the Nuvi was totally discharged, I guess, because when I disconnected the charger and tried to power up the Nuvi it no longer worked. I plugged it into the car charger overnight and it now seems to work OK. Two AC chargers are now on the way to the trash. Garmin Nuvi 1450 Standard Red LED Wall / AC / Home Charger!

Excellent value. Satisfying time delivery. Everything I have purchased through

Amazon has be great, pricewise, delivery. I will continue to purchase items as needed through you. Excellent communication with your customers. Thanks Much

Joe

I bought the wall charger because I bring my Garmin into the house each night. I thought it would be easier to have it charge at night for use the following day. Now I don't need to use the car charger unless the battery gets low during extended use.

Regardless of what you may think YOU DO NEED a wall charger. Not always are you going to have a pc where you are or even a car charger if you are a biker. So a wall charger is a real necessity and its surprising that Garmin doesnt include it in their basic pack. Plus this one is much cheaper than one after market bought from Garmin.

This charger does not work for the garmin NUVI 1450 LMT. It was cheap enough but you get what you pay for. Sometimes I think certain companies do this on purpose because the cost isn't worth the hassle of sending it back. Hence pure profit for them. Needless to say,don't waste your money.

wanted a spare charger to keep at home for my gps.

this one works fine and gives convenience at a low price.



i keep it plugged in at home to use there. the other chargers are packed in a bag with the gps for when i travel. no wondering to remember if i packed the chargers for travel or left it at home.



in a pinch, should the car charger fail while traveling, i can use the other a/c charger with my inverter to keep going until i can get a replacement.

the usb charger that came with the other set i bought is totally useless. i wish it had two a/c chargers instead. if i have a pc then i have a/c and would not need a usb charger.



but this one was cheap enough that paying for a useless usb cable from that other company is not that big a deal.

This does not charge your Garmin. It only provides power to the GPS. DO NOT buy this if you are expecting it to charge your battery in your GPS. My battery steadily lost power as it was plugged into this device. The seller was great though and refunded my money without me even asking and obviously mistakes can happen. Just make sure your device charges if that is what you are looking to buy. - Chargers - Garmin Charger - Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Garmin Charger - nuvi, chargers nuvi Garmin Charger - nuvi, chargers