Wednesday 24 November 2010

Floating Strap - waterproof camera


Purchased for use with my new Fujipix 12MP Water Camera - no problem keeping it where I could see it in the water. Camera is submerged but float is large enough and bright enough to spot. I think it is much more attractive than those big multi creased floats. Also has a quick clip so you can easily remove the float when not on the water. Chums Waterproof Camera Float

Bought this for a cruise to use with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2, which Amazon tells me weighs 5.9 oz. It was easy to connect (and disconnect with a quick release), floated to the top of the water quickly, held up well and was easy to see from a ways away. It is much better looking than some of the life vest looking ones on Amazon. Great product that did exactly what it was supposed to.

I saw this item on Amazon, And decided to give it a try based on , some of the other reviews. Well it arrived today, Its bright yellow, Which is excellent in the blue Sea, And looks great paired with my Canon D10, Well I tried it out attached to my Canon, in a sink full of water, And I"m very glad to say, That it kept my D10 floating...........it does its job well, its very well made and nice and soft to the touch, And very comfortable on your wrist, I"m looking forward to taking it on my next cruise vacation to the Caribbean............I highly reccomend it.........

Personally... I don't feel as if any of the foam lanyards are fashionable, or cool. BUT, this one is as close as you will get. And, as an added bonus, it works. I put mine on an Olympus Stylus Tough, and it floats it perfectly. That's what it was designed to do, and it does it.

This has a simple snap so the thick part / float can easily be removed but it won't come off by itself. Bright, comfortable etc.



This isn't enough to float the camera but it will make it easy to find if you drop your camera in the water.



I wouldn't consider bothering with a camera case as this float is way too big to fit in a case.

This is a simple product that works. The yellow color is visible in the water. Without the strap, the camera sinks to the bottom, with the strap, the camera stays close to the top. I was worried the weight of the camera would be too much for the strap, but the strap stays 1/2 above the water. There's a quick twist release that allows you to remove the yellow handle when you are not using it in the water. I have both the camera strap that came with the camera and this one together. The yellow strap fits comfortably around my wrist. I guess the only enhancement to this strap would be an adjustable collar that would allow the user to tighten or loosen the wrist strap depending on the size of their wrist.

I have had some sort of waterproof camera for 5 years now, and have only been using the provided straps that have come with the cameras. While they are very good for keeping the camera strapped to you, they provide no protection if you happen drop the camera while passing it off to someone or you end up getting the strap and camera caught in your gear while putting on a lifejacket, etc.



With this chums float, you can take a few pictures then just let the camera go in the water while you are messing with your gear, and it will still be around when you are finished and ready to go again.



It is nice that they have a quick disconnect, but I am not fully convinced that the chums strap's connection is strong enough to withstand a lot of pressure, so I have been doubling up and using the tougher strap that came with my camera as well.



Another useful thing I have found with this strap is that you can tuck your camera between it and your arm if you are needing to use your arms a lot (this came in handy while climbing up waterfalls in the Dominican Republic). That way it is softly cushioned up against your body and out of the way of smacking rocks like it would be if it were just dangling from your wrist.

The Chums waterproof camera float works great for a GoPro HD. It was a little larger than expected but the size works out great to slip over your wrist in or out of the water. Several times I found myself stuffing the camera inside my pocket to swim "camera free" and not having to fiddle with velcro or clips is a big plus. It was easy to swim with the wrist strap on and camera in hand down to 20' or so and the float easily brought the GoPro back to the surface when "freed". Also it was a bonus always being able to find the camera with the bright yellow strap attached. Whether stuffed in a pocket or free floating it is quick to locate. - Waterproof Camera'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


waterproof camera Floating Strap - waterproof camera