Saturday 20 November 2010

Do It Yourself - crafting, stencils


I have used this product for over a week and have cut out over 30 stencils already. This product works like a charm. It takes about 5 minutes to warm up to maximum heat but after that it cuts through stencil sheet material like butter. It is as easy to use as a pen. Previously I used an exacto knife set and let me tell you this product far exceeds that archaic method. It comes with 2 different tips but I have only found use for the straight tip as I don't see how the curved tip will improve on its ability. For stencil material I use Grafix Dura Lar "Matte" stencil sheets sold in a pad of 25. I originally purchased a thickness of .005 but would recommend a thicker medium such as .007. Make sure to get the matte version as it can be drawn on with pencil without smearing and you can erase any mistakes without so much as a smudge left. Also be sure to purchase the sheets in a pad and not a roll because the pad sheets will always lay flat and not curl like most stencil mediums. I purchased the stencil sheets from Jerry's Altarama but there are alternative sites that sell it as well. This is the first time I have used an electric cutter and I am more than satisfied. I have viewed similar electronic cutters, including the 5 in 1 tool but the reviews on those products were not appealing. This product will not disappoint! Enjoy and happy stenciling. Wall Lenk L12SCK Cutlass Stencil Cutting Kit

To whom it may concern:





The following item worked very well, just make sure you use a hard surface to cut your stecils on, like a piece of sheet metal or a hard piece of smooth wood, it has to be a hard surface to cut on..Otherwise your stencil won't turn out right, and all you've done now is made a mess and yourself very mad..Also read the instructions on the package, it tells you some important things as far as how to store it, when operating it and when not in opreration, and so on. I beleive this unit works very well and is worth the price I paid for it...Thanks, feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding this product or stencil's in general, I would be glad to help you...





Kevin Sampson

Bought as an experiment, I left the X-Acto blades on the table. It cuts through mylar like a hot knife through butter and leaves precise clean lines. You have to cut them on a heat resistant surface. I put a piece of glass over my light table and went to town. It cut my working time on a moderately complex stencil by 2/3s

I purchased this for the obvious reason of cutting stencils. It does a great job of that and gives me nice clean cuts. When my solder gun couldn't get a very tiny portion on a PC board without destroying the board, I decided to give this a try using the curved tip since I don't use that tip anyway. Worked great so I recommended it to many of my friends to use for that purpose. - Do It Yourself - Stencils - Crafting'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Do It Yourself - crafting, stencils stencils Do It Yourself - crafting, stencils