Tuesday 12 October 2010

Gadget - winch, gadget


The LT2000 Superwinch is a great little winch for the price. This was surprisingly smaller lighter than I expected, but it does perform well for my needs. Here are my observations:



Pros -

+ Lightweight; easy to move around when not in use

+ Powerful; has enough pulling "umph" for the jobs I bought it for (pulling bushes)

+ Easy To Use; controls are intuitive



Cons -

- Cable was caught in the "Back Plate" when it arrived, I had to manually unwind the cable and use a small pry-bar to free it and now I have a concern every time it is used that the cable will get caught again (but it hasn't)



Since this is so light, and we didn't want to permanently attach the winch, we also bought Superwinch 2060 Portable Ball Hitch Mount.



Recommended!



CFH Superwinch 1220210 LT2000 Utility Winch

I have only had this winch on my Outlander 800 for a couple months, so don't have longevity to report. I also don't have a lot of winch experience to compare this against. What I do know is this thing gets the job done for a lot less than the comparable winches. I was able to pull my HEAVY machine out of a deep mud hole, the only anchor point was a tree 50' away to the left. So the winch really had to work to pull me out. I doubt if we could have gotten the ATV out without the winch. To my mind this is a great product for the price.

I bought this winch to use in removing my aluminum 400# shore station from the water each fall. I was able to connect this using jumper cables to the car battery being careful to separate the wires connected to the unit. This easily lifted the shore station through a directional transfer pulley and held it in position while I was able to secure it. The construction is very good and the controls are easy to figure out. The instructions are fine and explain how to set the unit up. I'd recommend this to anyone looking to use the winch for medium duty lifting or moving of heavy loads.

I have owned an ATV for 15 years now. I installed a snow blade with a manual raise/lower handle the next year. I cannot believe for 14 years I would MANUALLY raise/lower that heavy snow blade!! For the money and quality in the Superwinch name, you will not find a better winch. I built a mounting bracket from some scrap 11 ga. stainless steel and stainless steel mounting bolts/nuts. The remote control mounted on the ATV's handlebar via two electrical ty-wraps that I supplied. Total installation time including the wiring was less than 1/2 an hour.



So far so good! Life is so much easier plowing snow!!

This is the second one of these that i purchased. this is for a small weed harvestor boat. It operates a bulldozer type scoop to rid lakes, ponds of weeds. We use larger powerwinch for the boat/trailer. the hand held switch works great.

This is a fine little winch, and at the price it is a steal. I'm thinking about buying another one just to keep as a spare.



The wiring instructions are not real clear, but it is a simple installation and hard to wire incorrectly.

Maybe its not fair, but I expected something a little more robust. The remote controller has very short wires and the connections are less than professional. In fairness I have some of their other "heavy duty" winches and I expected the same robustness, with a smaller motor and capabilities. - Gadget - Atv - Cool - Winch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Gadget - winch, gadget gadget Gadget - winch, gadget