Monday 25 October 2010

Blank Book - journal, notebook


The Leuchtturm is basically a Molkeskine - but better. I've been using the Moleskine for years. I have a whole shelf of them... But, I'll be buying the Leuchtturm instead. Why?



(1) Pages have a dot grid - The dots are tiny enough that you can ignore them as if it were blank paper. But they can also be used as a guide for drawing as if there were a grid. Finally, you can use the dots as a guide as if there were lines. Extremely flexible, practical.



(2) Pages are pre-numbered / Index in the front - I use notebooks like this for jotting down ideas, thoughts, notes about business, etc. In a Moleskine I hand-write page numbers (I know sounds crazy) so I can use a few back pages to index important ideas within that book. Great recipe on page 14, awesome quote page 23. Additionally, there are a few pages in the front of the book exactly for this purpose. Write the page number and reference to something important inside.



Finally, it has the same durable cover. There is a pocket in the back for cards and papers. There is a ribbon bookmark.



Like I said, just like a Moleskine... but better!



By the way, I've been using the Fine point Sharpie pen that doesn't bleed. It is perfect for thinner pages. It is permanent, and as advertised does not bleed. I used to use the Moleskine sketch notebooks (thicker pages) because nearly everything bled through the thinner pages on the Moleskine. These pages are thinner as well. The no-bleed Sharpie works well on nearly any paper. Leuchtturm Medium Notebook, Dots, 5.75 x 8.25 Inch (LBL14)

This has become my daily planner/notebook/journal. The dots work great, and are better than either grids, lines, or blank pages--unobtrusive and useful. I write with dark Noodler's ink and a medium nib, and the paper works well. There is almost no bleed-through, no feathering, and the drying time is good. The pages are a bit thin, so you can see what's written on the other side of the page. It's not enough to bother me, but if you're really particular about not having show-through, you'll be writing on one side only. Overall, this notebook has been exactly what I wanted, and I heartily recommend it. - Notebook - Journal'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blank Book - journal, notebook journal Blank Book - journal, notebook