Sunday 12 September 2010

Wireless Headphones - a2dp, bluetooth stereo headphones


It works great to remedy a shortcoming of my zumo 550 GPS, which doesn't broadcast Bluetooth in stereo. But mostly, I like to plug it into my iPod, which I leave in the map pocket of my tank bag. I don't like being tethered to my bike in any way -- and this is an effective way of avoiding that.



The stereo sound quality, range, and volume are surprisingly good. Battery life seems to be as-advertised. Pairing was easy. I also found that I can plug it into the USB charger for my Motorola Q (cell phone) to recharge it -- versus having to charge it from a PC.



I've paired this device with the Bluetooth Wonder Stereo Headset, which I also purchased via Amazon. This is another great little device that enables your earphones of choice with Bluetooth! Jabra Bluetooth Music Adaptor

It pairs with my motorola s stereo headset but will not pair with my plantronics mono 520 or a soyo headset that both work fine with my cell phone. JAbra should be a little more clear about what types of headsets this will work with.



UPDATE

I received this message from JAbra:

The Jabra A120s Bluetooth stereo adapter is not compatible with mono (non-A2DP) headsets. The A120s has only A2DP, so the receiving headset also has to have the A2DP. The receiving headset can have other audio profiles, like HSP and HFP as well. Most A2DP headsets are stereo (2 speakers), except for the Jabra BT8040, which has both stereo channels going into one speaker.

I bought the Jabra BT620 Stereo headphones a few weeks ago and after a day of trying to get them to work with my PDA and laptop, I gave up and bought the Jabra music adaptor. (The PDA and laptop would have needed software upgrades to support Bluetooth stereo, and then the headphones would still only have been useful with Bluetooth-compatible devices.) With the music adaptor, you can plug it into the audio output (headphone) jack of any device that puts out audio (stereos, mp3 players, Tvs, computers, etc) and hear the audio via a wireless Bluetooth headset. What a great device! I use it for listening to the music on my computer while I'm in the kitchen, reading in bed while listening to audio from the PDA, watching TV without disturbing my husband, in the tub, etc.



The type in the instruction manual is small, so make sure to read the instructions carefully. When you use it for the first time, you have to put both it and your Bluetooth headphones into pairing mode (easy and in the instructions). After that, you just turn on the headphones first, then the music adaptor.

This little device works nicely with my bluetooth earphones and I can get a good 30 feet away from it before it drops out. My only quibble is that the charging method is USB only which means that I have to have a PC available to charge it. Since that can take up to seven hours, that's alot of wattage to burn just to charge up a toy. Fortunately, I have an Apple USB AC adapter that accepts the Jabra USB cord, so I can just plug it into a wall without having to fire up my desktop or notebook.



Other than that, I've got no problems with this little box. It works as advertised and allows me to use many audio devices with Bluetooth headphones. If you've got a USB AC adapter, or plan to run your PC for several hours (most of us do anyway), you'll love this device.

Love this adapter! I was so disappointed when I found out the love of my life's (my HP iPaq rx4240 mobile media companion) bluetooth profile wasn't A2DP profile. But hurray for the Jabra A120s! I must say I had the worst time trying to pair it with my Motorola S9 headset; I really thought I was doing it right until I noticed I never did get the SOLID blue light on the A120s. I would press & hold the adapter long enough to get the quick flashes (the manual says it's "searching for devices", but I found I was suppose to hold it longer until it *stayed* blue. (I'm normally not so stupid.) But it paired instantly after removing the "duh" factor. :)

First of all let me say that it does what it suppose to do. I was able to pair it up with my Motorola S9 headset and the music from my iPod sounds great (disclaimer: I'm not a sound/music expert). Also, since it attaches via the 3.5mm connector, there is low risk of it breaking off like I feared if I bought an adapter that plugs in the bottom iPod dock connector. But, after my first use I discovered that I should have thought a little harder about buying this product. First, since it plugs into the 3.5mm connector on top, you can't use the headset controls to control the iPod other than volume. You never think about being able to skip tracks until you can't and all the crappy songs are on the play list. Next, since it has it's own battery, the plus side is it doesn't use the iPod power and won't shorten the iPod's charge. The down side is that I have to turn off the iPod, the headset, and the Jabra adapter. It doesn't sound like much, but it's a pain. One alternative is to just let all 3 turn off by themselves, but it drains the charge and I work where things like bluetooth/cell phones/etc. can interfere with some of the equipment so I have to turn it off prior to walking in the door. As I said, it does he job, but it has it's drawbacks. Hope this helps someone.

I love this Adapter because I can use it to turn any thing with a headphone jack into a bluetooth device. It does what it says it does and it's really easy to setup and use. I use it with my Motorola S9 headphones. I can listen to my Video iPod while I ride the train to work. I love it. The volume works good, I just turn the volume up on my iPode and then back down my S9 headphones. And the mute control works well with it too.

This adapter paired right up with my Insignia NS-BTHDP (Best Buy house brand) bluetooth headphones. I've yet to run down the original charge after about 8 hours of use. I was surprised by how small the actual unit turned out to be - about the size of a 9V battery. The only negative I can think of is that I do have to turn the volume up higher on my mp3 player to avoid that bluetooth hissss.... - A2dp - Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Bluetooth - Jabra'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wireless Headphones - a2dp, bluetooth stereo headphones bluetooth stereo headphones Wireless Headphones - a2dp, bluetooth stereo headphones