Monday 27 September 2010

Table Saw Accessories - dado blade set, tablesaw


Dado insert was functional. It fit properly. To use a 13/16" dado stack with this insert on your saw you need to do this. (Per Bosch Tool customer service)



Thank you for writing Bosch Power Tools. When mounting dado blades on

the Bosch 4000 table saw, follow this procedure which was omitted from

the owners manual. This saw will handle up to a 13/16" wide dado blade.

Remove both blade washers from the arbor shaft. Install & use the Outer

washer as the Inner washer, than[sic] mount your dado blade set, than[sic]

install the lock nut. An outer washer is not needed for a dado set. This

procedure will provide proper spacing of your dado blade set. Changing

blades can be a bit tight, but if you insure the blade is elevated to it's

maximum height you shouldn't have any problem. The reason for this is

because the dust containment shroud is rather close to the blade to

contain saw dust from blowing all over the place. If you have any further

questions, please write back. Bosch TS1007 Dado Insert

Disappointed with the insert. Love the saw and the stand. The dado insert only allows a 1/2" cut. A 3/4" dado setup rubs against the insert. You'd need to take the stabilizer off to have the blades be centered. It's as if no one tried it after it was developed.

I've had my Bosch table saw for a little over 3 years and use it every week in my carpentry business. It has yet to disappoint me. Up until now I had not purchased the dado insert because of some of the poor reviews. I had made my own insert and have put up with the struggle of using it all this time (I had to screw it in each time and place washers underneath to make it flush). After my last frustrating effort with my homemade insert, I decided that at $13, Bosch's dado insert couldn't be any more frustrating than using my own homemade one. Boy had I been wrong (and the reviewers that I had listened to). It took almost nothing to snap it in and adjust it to level. Those are the ONLY instructions that come with it - in three languages. Woohoo! The hitch came when I needed to cut a wide dado. This is where the additional instructions would have been helpful (and would have kept some of the reviewers from giving it low marks). On a wider stack you will need to remove the inner arbor washer and replace it with the outer washer, then put on your stack of blades. I would rate this 5 stars if they would only give you this small, but important, bit of info with the package. Even the instruction book that comes with the saw when it mentions working with dado or molding heads doesn't tell you this. All it says is, "Instructions for operating the Dado and Molding Heads are contained in the booklet furnished with these accessories. ALWAYS USE APPROPRIATE TABLE INSERT LISTED UNDER ACCESSORIES." Hmmmm, neither set of instructions tells you anything about swapping out the arbor washers. Fortunately I was able to figure this on my own. I wish now I had been using this from the get go and had not been influenced by negative reviews for so long.

Well, the first one I received was bent -- laying it face down on the table top, it would rock considerably. If adjusted so the front and back edge were in line with the table, it was high in the center. I figured that would probably throw my cuts off, so I just shipped it back. Amazon had a flat replacement at my door a few hours after I managed to drop the old one in the mail. The replacement works great, and I'd probably rate it 4 stars if the first one hadn't been bent. Also, considering that the manual for the saw itself says very little about mounting a dado stack, it might be nice if the insert gave you some more info. I had to email Bosch tech support to get the secret for getting beyond 1/2".

This one little accessory is a must have for your Bosch 4000 table saw. It fits the table top securely and once installed allows Dado cuts up to 3/4".



The one thing you need to know in order to get the max. width cut when mounting your dado blades, you must use the outside washer on the inside. Then use the standard 23mm lock down nut on the outside without a washer, or in my case, I used one of the dado shims as a washer.



Just get this, it works.

This is a metal dado cutter insert to allow you to safely make dados using a Bosch Table Saw. It is bright red, making it easy to locate when you set it somewhere, and mine required no adjusting to make it flush with the saw table surface--it has four set screws to adjust the height. No one could beat Amazon's price of $9.74 and since I ordered it with the saw there were no taxes or shipping expenses. I ordered it on January 30, Amazon quoted a delivery by February 14, and I received it before February 10. This accessory works great and you really must have it if you are going to do any dado work with your Bosch saw.

I use it, it works. I'll soon make my own zero clearance dado inserts, instead of using this. I didn't have any problems with rubbing, as some claimed. I have it on the 4000 Bosch Table saw. The trick to getting larger stacks onto this saw is to, and this is from Bosch, remove the inner and outer washers on the arbor. Then use the outer, thinner one, as the inner washer. Use the inner, thicker tapered one, as needed. If you can't get the nut completely on the treads, remove the outer washer and just use the nut. Bosch states that this is not needed on dado stacks, but I have to admit it makes me a bit nervous. I do it all the time though without problems.



The finish on this insert was seemingly hand painted, as in brushed. Perhaps the metal was not finely sanded prior to painting, but it has a lesser quality apperance than the original insert. Mine is not flat, but isn't too bad if I press down firmly.



I would just make my own next time, and will soon replace this with home made inserts.



Happy wood working. - Dado Blade Set - Bosch - Tablesaw - Bosch Table Saw'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Table Saw Accessories - dado blade set, tablesaw bosch Table Saw Accessories - dado blade set, tablesaw