Monday 27 September 2010

Boat Winch


This is a well made boat winch. I am using it to pull my hammock up tight. It does this very well. I have had many under 20' boats over the years and this winch would have easily have pulled any of my boats onto their trailers. Would have given it 5 stars but it is made in China.Neiko 2,000 lb capacity Heavy Duty Strap Hand Winch Neiko 2,000 lb capacity Heavy Duty Strap Hand Winch

I don'y own this particular unit, but I have to comment. Someone above me said they were pulling a deep well pump out of a hole with one. When it says that it can pull 2000 lbs, THAT'S A ROLLING LOAD on flat ground. You could theoretically pull a ton horizontally with no friction. Need to winch a garden tractor onto a trailer? Great. Need to lift an engine out of a car? DON'T DO IT. You'll hurt yourself with a cable or strap breaking, or break your wrist.

I have been pleased so far with this winch. It has done everything I have asked of it with no trouble. I also feel that there will not be any issue with leaving it outside through the Michigan winters.

Broke the retaining rod and strap where it connects to the rod on the first use. Not a chance it could ever hold 2K lbs. This was just holding my boat in a trailering postition, I cant imagine how bad it would have come apart if used to winch a boat up a trailer.

Its showing Its Not available at this time. I bought It for pulling a deep well Water pump It worked well at holding 50 foot of nylon rope and pulling the pump but looking at the metal gear I do Not think It will support 2000 pounds closer to 400 pounds but It works just fine.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Boat Winch Boat Winch Boat Winch