Wednesday 15 September 2010

Ipod Docking Station - iphone speaker, iphone


I was looking for a dock for my wife's iPhone4 and my Blackberry. I had 2 mandatory requirements other than good sound quality:



1. It should work with an iPhone 4 in a bumper case.

2: I should be able to use it with non-Apple devices using the AUX input.



I first purchased the Philips Fidelio DS8500 Speaker Dock with Remote for iPod/iPhone (White/Silver) (Note: I have posted of review there as well) based on the good reviews on Amazon but returned it because it wouldn't allow the iPhone4 to dock with the bumper case and there was an omnipresent hum when I used the AUX input. The sound quality however was excellent. I then purchased the Soundfreaq and was able able to compare it with the Phillips before I shipped the Phillips. Here are my conclusions:



1. Sound: Phillips wins hands down. The bass is fuller and it can be played at a higher volume. Having said that, the Soundfreaq is no laggard. The bass isn't as deep but the sound over all is excellent. My wife listens mostly to older Indian songs and podcasts, neither of which requires big thumping bass. Both genres are more vocal oriented and the Soundfreaq does a good job. I have a different system for my periodic dose of classic rock/metal and any sound dock in this price range will most likely not do the trick anyways.



2. Connectivity and convenience: The Soundfreaq is the outright winner. The iPhone4 connects without any adapters even with the bumper case. No problems! Even better, I don't even need to actually mount the iPhone on the dock because of Bluetooth connectivity. It took 5 - 7 minutes from the moment I signed the UPS receipt for the box to having a song from the iPhone 4 playing through this dock via bluetooth. It works like a charm. Setup is a breeze and the convenience of Bluetooth is a HUGE plus. Similarly, I was able to connect my Blackberry via Bluetooth, so I no longer need to use the AUX input for my BB. The device can stay in your pocket or you can do something else on it while the music plays through the dock. Also, the AUX input works perfectly with no background hum like the Phillips.



3. FM radio: Works fine on the Soundfreaq. Not present on the Phillips. This isn't a very big differentiator but since I'm spending more for the Soundfreaq, its nice to get more too.



4. Looks/aesthetics: both systems look pretty good. I liked the Phillips but the retro, vacuum-tube radio like design of the Soundfreaq is very nice.



5. iPhone app: Phillips' app is buggy, clunky and is more of a hindrance. Soundfreq app does what it is supposed to and stays out of the way. Neither app needs to be used but the Soundfreq app doesn't irritate like the Phillips.



Conclusions:

1. If you want deeper bass and all round richer sound, go with the Phillips. I am however very satisfied with the Soundfreaq in this department.

2. The convenience of the Soundfreaq cannot be matched by the Phillips. I really like the fact that I can switch on bluetooth on my phone (I don't have it running all the time to conserve battery), connect and I'm in business from anywhere in the room. No wires. No need to even get close to the actual dock.

3. Soundfreaq is more expensive, and more than what I was planning to spend but I think I'm getting decent value for the extra money.



I'm happy with my purchase of the Soundfreaq and more important, the wife loves it. I'm keeping it and will ship back the Phillips. Soundfreaq Sound Platform for iPad and Smart Mobiles

I received this as an early holiday gift from friends and I was pretty interested in using it right away. I have it located in a room that is roughly 14 x 20, and it sounds great. Bluetooth streaming is really slick - I have a Tivoli Series 1 unit that I had been lining my iPhone 3GS into, and having the ability to just hit play and have music is great. Also, not having to unhook the unit to answer the phone is a big plus.



The unit includes a small remote that can be stored in the side of the main unit. There is also a rudimentary iPhone app that can run the unit as well. All in all, it seems to be put together well and has a nice clean look. It's well worth a look if you are in the market for a small iPhone or iPad based system for a room in your home.

Great sound, huge base. Clear and sharp. The wireless feature makes it even better. in our home we have Bose wave, bose dock, two diff Sony dock, and tivoli. Tivoi sound is the best, this unit is on the level of bose. Very good buy for around 150.

I got this as a gift for Christmas and was a little intimidated to have to learn a whole new gadget... but it is sooooo easy and user friendly. Seriously, a child can do it. The sound is AhhhhhMAYZING and I can control it from my iphone/itunes from across the room. Friends can play their music without lifting their fat asses off the sofa! It's really sleek and looks super expensive- I was shocked to see the price is so reasonable. I also like the design which has a little remote (which I use when I listen to the radio) on the side of the speaker in a hidden compartment that lights up in orange. I am so happy I don't have to regift like last year!

I bought this for my parents for Xmas and it turned out to be the best present I've gotten them in years (and way better than that clay cup holder I made for them when I was 4). Within 10 minutes of taking it out of the box we had it hooked up with my mom's iPad listening to great music. Later that night we listened to a podcast we love, then the radio then blasted some Journey because we had had some champagne. In short, it's a great machine.



Also, easy as can be to use. Even my erudite parents picked it up within seconds. And the sound was better than just about any other speaker I've had in my life. Highly recommend.

This unit is fantastic, you can listen to the line input, ipod dock, FM radio or any bluetooth device. The sound quality on this unit compares to my Bose Wave Radio (no kidding). I am really impressed with this device.



My only complaint is that the itouch app is not very robust and if you mess around with it long enough it will stop working and you need to reconnect the device.



But, the good news is that you do not need to use the app, you can play your music using the standard itouch music player.



I highly recomend taking a look at this device. - Ipod Dock System - Iphone - Bluetooth Speaker - Iphone Speaker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipod Docking Station - iphone speaker, iphone iphone speaker Ipod Docking Station - iphone speaker, iphone