Wednesday 15 September 2010

Best Of The Zombie Genre - amazon oddities, hip hop


Used this for a group science project on nervous system. It is meant to use with jello, however, I lightly brushed interior with corn starch before pressing in air-dry clay. It took some work getting it out but we were in a hurry. Painted the sections of the brain with acrylic paints. I would buy this again. BRAIN MOLD

I ordered this mold to use in connection with a social skills lesson in my classroom. My students loved it! I used the recipe on the back of the box and the jello was incredibly strong. There were two things I would suggest. #1. It took more jello to fill the mold than the recipe indicated.#2 If you want to float worms or other things inside, put them in immediately. I wanted to float some laminated paper strips with "brain functions" inside the jello, so as with normal jello, waited for it to partially set up. Instead, it set up almost immediately. As a result, my little strips of paper were all on the bottom of the brain.

I bought this mold as recommended in a social skills curriculum (Michelle Garcia Winner, Superflex) I use with my social language groups. After making the jello brain I inserted social skils into the brain. The kids had to dig them out. They had a blast and then got to eat the brain afterward. Great fun.

Great brain jello mold! Came with two recipes, one to make a green brain and one to use specific gelatin flavors with condensed milk. The green one was delicious and glowing. The other wacky one produced one that was gray, resembling brain matter!!! Tasted nasty but produced the PERFECT disgusting look.

This was the most fun I've ever had with food and the green brain suitably impressed my 4th grade son's class during their class halloween party.

we ordered this for a zombie themed party. we've had so much fun playing with recipes, colors, etc. the "recipes" on the back are so helpful! i very well may use this every time I want to make jello :)

I bought this mold to make panna cotta for a halloween party. The result was very cute and well received, but the mold could have been designed a little better. As you can see in the photo, it does NOT have a flat bottom, so you'll have to put it in a larger bowl with some dishtowels to keep it level. Oh, and one more quick tip - its best to fill the mold once its already sitting in the fridge. I tried to fill it up on the counter then walk it to the fridge and ended up sloshing panna cotta everywhere. Duh!

I bought this mold to make a jello brain for a youtube sketch[...]

I followed the recipe for the 'lifelike' brain that comes on the box, and it was definitely close enough to be creepy. Released the jello well, and was definitely the right size. Sturdy mold, will get used for many years to come!

Product worked very well for jello material to mold. However, it is not very flexible for removing a creamier dip from the mold. I also had to add more unflavored gelatin than recipe called for and also lined the mold with clear plastic wrap - worked much better then.



Will use again next year! - Food - Hip Hop - Amazon Oddities - Halloween'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Best Of The Zombie Genre - amazon oddities, hip hop halloween Best Of The Zombie Genre - amazon oddities, hip hop