Thursday 30 September 2010

Hp Pavillion Ac Adapter - laptop power adapters, dv6000


This adapter comes in two pieces: (1) A simple three-prong cord that attaches to the wall; and (2) an AC adapter that accepts the wall cord and connects to the laptop.



The wall cord is pretty shoddy. The rubber is very stiff and doesn't bend easily. After using this adapter for only two weeks, the rubber wrapping the cord has come disconnected from the plug and there's about a 1/4-inch gap where I can see the underlying wired (themselves wrapped in rubber, so it's not a shock hazard). Also, because of the stiffness of this cord, it doesn't coil well. In fact, I'm pretty sure my twice-daily coiling of the cord is the reason it came apart like it did.



But I'm not really worried about the wall cord. It uses a standard PC connector to attach to the AC adapter, so it's functionally identical to all other PC power cords. I have a thousand of those cords lying around, so I'm not worried.



On the other hand, the AC adapter (with its own smaller cord for connecting to the laptop) is much better. It uses a softer, more flexible rubber, and I expect it to be much more durable.



-------------



EDIT:



Okay, it's been a few more weeks, and this power cord is really falling apart. After just one month of use, there are bare copper wires showing through the cracks. I'm going to have to order another replacement. How annoying. New Adapter for Hp Compatible with 402018-001 Dc359a Ppp09h 380467-003 Hp-0k065b13 Lf 65w Laptop Ac Power Adapter

Bought this product about 6 months ago, works fine but the cord going into the wall and into the power-pack falling apart. Wires exposed on both ends, poor construction/quality and now a safety hazard. No problems with the seller, shipping ect.. Just a poor Product.

Believe it, folks. This item stopped working after three months (almost to the day!). I use my computer every day but I do not abuse the cord. In fact, I took extra care with this cord because I wanted it to last longer than it did. I needed a quick, cheap fix when I bought it and this fit the bill. I would recommend you spend a little extra and get the real thing. If you end up replacing the cord more than once you'll spend the same amount anyway. You might as well start out right.

This cable started coming apart after 3 days of normal use. Now it does not work at all. I now wish that I would have purchased the somewhat higher priced HP name-brand cable. It's been a while since I've been this disappointed in a purchase.

just got this a couple days ago and so far it charges and does not catch fire. Good deal for the money including shipping. There were cheaper options but they looked sketchy or had bad reviews. Fast shipping.

The AC adapter for my laptop listed this exact part model replacement. I ordered it expedited 2 day shipping on a Monday- got it the following Friday. Plugged it into the wall, then into my laptop. It worked for about 1 minute, then my computer alerted me it was no longer charging. Smelled something burning, looked down, and the AC adapter was, I kid you not, melting on my floor. Usually with these cheap, temporary power supplies I have issues with the cord breaking down within a couple weeks. I have NEVER had a problem where the adapter literally burns out and melts. Got the same product from another vendor, and it is still working 2 months later. Maybe it was a faulty product, but I didn't want to risk any further damage (hello $200 professional carpet cleaner), especially not to my laptop.

I purchased the New Adapter for Hp Compatible with 402018-001 Dc359a Ppp09h 380467-003 Hp-0k065b13 Lf 65w Laptop Ac Power Adapter for my daughters HP Pavillion dv6700. She plugged it in and a loud "pop" sound was heard and then...no more laptop...fried, kaput, muerto...



Oh, but I did get a $10.90 refund for the adapter....yipeeeee!!!!!



So with money a little tight. We had to buy another laptop for our daughter for her second year in college. Thanks for your "client centered" customer service Amazon. - Hp Ac Adapter - Laptop Power Adapters - Laptop Accessories - Dv6000'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Hp Pavillion Ac Adapter - laptop power adapters, dv6000 hp ac adapter Hp Pavillion Ac Adapter - laptop power adapters, dv6000