Friday 3 September 2010

Framing Nails


I bought a new Bostitch N80CB framing nailer from Amazon, then had difficulty finding a local source of coil nails here in Silicon Valley. So I ordered these nails in the 400-pack from Amazon also.The nails came in two coils of 200 nails each, in a corrugated cardboard box; I expect the 2500-pack to be similar. There was no other packaging, and my coils were a bit squashed after shipping. I had to unwind the full 200 nail coil and rewind it to fit smoothly around the spindle of my nailer.How did the nails work? Very well, after recoiling. I had no jams; no problems at all. A few cardboard cores to keep the coils from getting squashed in transit would help a bunch. I might well have had some feed problems if I hadn't straightened out the connecting wires before loading, so I deducted one star. But the price is decent, and Amazon's free shipping can't be topped. B & C Eagle 314X120C 3-1/4-Inch by .120-Inch by 15 Degree Wire Collated Coil Framing Nail (2,500 per Box)

I imagine any nail will hold two boards together, especially when fired from a gun. Fortunately, I found out the holding power of these nails when I needed to pry two boards apart. I was almost able to pry them apart with my bare hands after separating the boards a mere 1/4 of an inch. After further inspection of the nails I realized that the glue simply peeled off and was too soft in composition to marry the boards together with any real integrity. I recommend Senco nails if u can afford them. The glue is good quality and the grooves which run the length of the nail marry the boards together very well. Make sure u get it right the first time because getting them apart is tough.

These nails work better for me than the last batch I purchased. Not because of a defect in the product but because they are longer than the last ones I purchased. My suggestion would be to analizer the product that you are doing and buy the bigger ones for multiple jobs in the future or just buy muliple boxes and sizes. have not had any jams or hang ups with these nails. I am a weekend warrior so mine isnt for commercial use though I think they could be.

I bought these, and a box of Bostitch framing nails. These came bouncing around in a flimsy, dented box that was too big for the nails. I easily opened the box and found 11 out of 12 coils of nails were smashed to the point I had to "work them out". The Bostitch nails were actually less money, and they arrived in a stout, perfectly packaged box, in perfect condition, a day sooner than these. These nails worked fine after "fixing" them. They leave a black greasy residue on your hands.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Framing Nails Framing Nails Framing Nails