Friday 20 August 2010

Exercise - omron pedometer, fitness


I've tried several pedometers over the years, but this one is definitely the best. Other pedometers have fallen off my waistband, not counted steps if they were a little bit sideways, counted far too many steps, and just plain not worked after only a short time.



I bought this Omron in December and it is now the end of January. It has a high quality case that feels solid, unlike others that feel so fragile that normal handling has made them fall apart. It counts accurately, I don't have to worry about keeping it in exactly the right position because it counts steps correctly as long as it is vertical. That means it can be any which way in a pocket or bag as long as it isn't laying flat like it would on a table.



The 7 day memory is nice too if you want to track your steps per day over time. You can look back and see your step total. It also calculates distance and calories and something called aerobic steps. The aerobic steps is just a smaller number than the total steps. The little safety clip has prevented it from falling to the ground on several occasions. I use it almost every day. I walk more with it than without it because I like to see my step number going up. I've only gotten 10,000 steps a few times, but my average continues to climb.



You can buy this pedometer with confidence and start adding up the steps! Have fun! Omron Hj-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer with Safety Leash for Pedometer (1) Unit. Helps Save Pedometers From Loss While Running or Walking or Doing Exercise

Pros:

Consistent Performance

Battery Economy (approximately 6 months)

Battery easy to change (I buy my batteries through Amazon)

Price

Clips securely to Bra/Cami Straps

Can take a beating - dropped on floor several times



Cons:

Have to wear on my shoulder to get accurate results

Falls off waistband way to easily

Cannot enter my height - Mine just will not go to 5 ft



Overall, I love my pedometer. Even if I do not walk 10,000 steps daily, I find that I am more active when I wear it. I am going on year three with this one. I highly recommend it as a basic tool for people who want to increase their activity level. Just wearing it motivates me to take extra steps.

I bought this item for my 70-something dad for Father's Day. He loves it, reporting that it is easy to use and provides him with a great deal of information. He specifically likes that it records both "regular" steps throughout the day as well as "aerobic" steps. It provides daily as well as weekly analysis of steps taken, calories burned and distance walked. It also monitors heart rate. He is planning to buy this pedometer for others.

I couldn't be more pleased with this product!

Attaching the safety leash requires reading the

instructions carefully, but they are clear if you study

the pictures. There is no way you could lose this

pedometer, as it has a sturdy clip in addition to the safety leash. I have carried it in my gym bag when walking to/from work, and it seems to count steps when carried as well as when attached to your belt. If you buy this, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I have used this pedometer everyday since I received it. It was easy to set up and it is very easy to use. I am please I got the safety leash which has prevented the pedometer from dropping on the floor when I have bumped it. I highly recommend the Omron. Yesterday, I ordered two more Omron pedometers for two of my children.

I have been really happy with this pedometer. I've checked it's accuracy again and again and have found it to be right on target.



I recently adopted a dog from the shelter, and he and I have been doing a lot of walking as of late. It made me curious as to exactly how many calories I was burning off. I bought this pedometer based off of all the good reviews, and I have to say, I am really happy I did. I love that it tracks seven days worth of steps, aerobic steps, calories, distance and time walked.



One of the great features of this gadget is the clip that comes with it. The belt clip works nice and clips onto everything, but the little safety clip is awesome. I have nearly lost this several times, but the safety clip keeps it firmly attached to my belt.



I would absolutely buy this again. - Pedometer - Fitness - Health - Omron Pedometer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Exercise - omron pedometer, fitness fitness Exercise - omron pedometer, fitness