Saturday 7 August 2010

Easy To Use - cd labels, cd label


Although it is stated plainly on the front of each package of labels (Will not life or peel), these labels do lift, I'm guessing from the movement of air created as a disc spins inside any machine, causing the edge of labels to lift. If your disc sits inside a drawer or a front cover can be lifted to insert or remove a disc, there is less problem. If your disc is inserted into a slot (car CD players or my Bose system) and that edge lifts, it will be near impossible to eject the CD. Such was my problem; I had to have someone remove the front panel in our van, retrieve the discs from the player, only to find that not being able to eject the affected disc had also damaged the drop down mechanism as each of six discs was to play. I called Avery Dennison at one time, spoke to someone in, perhaps, India; "Oh, no, we've had no reported problems." Instead they sent me a package of the CD labels. I wrote to the company, received two additional packages of labels in response to my letter. So, after a new disc player was installed in our van, I packed all unused lables, the unopened packages of labels, the applicator and any receipts I could find, including for installation and purchase of a new disc player, copied all of those receipts, and sent them back to the company. I'll be waiting to see just what action, if any, they take. There is a new program, LightScribe, for labeling discs that works with the same mechanism used to burn CDs. This sounds preferable to affixing any labels in the future Avery 8960 Matte Full Face CD Label (White)

I expect quality products and I was not disappointed with Avery's cd labels. The full face allows for more room on the label for creativity. The labels are easy to remove from their backing and place on cd's. I am very pleased with this product.

These labels are thin and flimsy and tear easily. Moreover, they are not precise. They fit loosely on a standard labeling machine's small spindle, and the result is a sloppy looking, off-center label. To add insult to injury, Avery has a template on the Website for the 8960 label, but the actual label sheet directs you to use either of two template numbers, neither of which is 8960. I checked the Avery site, and the numbers are for templates that have nothing to do with this label.



Neato labels are more substantial and precise. Unfortunately, Neato doesn't make the "full" DVD label with the small hole, so I guess the only solution is to go back to their CD-style big hole label.

So the labels work, and I have used them successfully. But you'd better be really careful. The little white tabs that you use to handle the label during the application process do not tear off cleanly, so no matter how careful I am I always end up with some little paper shreddies sticking out of my label on both sides. So, I pick the big ones out with tweezers and stick the others down.



So far so good, but this certainly can't be the last word in this sort of product. I think once I use up these labels I'll look at other products.

Compared to other labels (Memorex) these seem extremely thin and flimsy. They're also a pain to peel off after they're printed. But the worst part - if you print one of the two lables, use the one you printed, then try to use the same template for another printout, BE CAREFUL!! When it went through my printer some of the sticky parts of the template shredded around parts of my printer, mainly in the paper feed and I had to perform SURGERY to get all the tiny pieces out. My printer still isn't the same, I couldn't get all the glue off some of the rollers. I highly recommend AGAINST this product!!!

The Avery 8660 Matte Full Face Labels are the only label I use for Music CDs and Home Movie DVDs. I Would like to see them in a gloss for photos, but will live with these until they do. This is the only label I can find that has a small hole.

These Avery labels work great on blank dvds and cds. They come with two blank circles per page and print fine. You can get the software from the avery website to make the labels (pretty simple.) I especially like these labels better than any others because the label also covers the inner ring around the center whole of the dvd which most other labels don't. These labels also have a tab to easily peel them off. I can put them on dvds/cds with no problem just by carefully lining up the holes (no other special spindle or device needed.) I recommend these over any other labels - good price too and I saved on shipping by buying more than one item from the vendor. Vendor shipped quickly too.

I'm not a big user of CD/DVD labels (I use about 4 labels/week), but these are the best I've found. I haven't "lost" a single label or disc due to its failure to adhere smoothly to the disc surface, which is a problem I've had with every other label brand. I use an applicator from another, non-Avery vendor. The key for me is to use the entire label and place it onto the disc using just the applicator spindle.

I make a lot of DVDs and purchased these to make covers awhile back. They worked very, very well so I've just continued to buy them. Not a lot to say on this outside of the fact that they work, they have never bunched up, they stick really well and stay stuck. If they bunch it it could be because of the way they're being put on. They work perfectly for me. If they didn't I wouldn't purchase them again.



The only other labels I'd consider would be something more waterproof, although nothing has ever spilled on these. Or a shiny label. - Cd Label - Media Labels - Dvd Labels - Cd Labels'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Easy To Use - cd labels, cd label dvd labels Easy To Use - cd labels, cd label