Saturday 7 August 2010

Ankle Length


I've been wearing leggings for years, and am alway looking for something that's comfortable and will withstand the test of time. Don't know yet if these leggings will last (since I just got them), but they appear to be well-made. As other reviewers point out, these leggings are on the thin (material) side, but I actually like that. I'm thinking I can wear these through more seasons, not just winter. One thing that surprised me, though, was the shipping cost. While the leggings are a great deal at at less than 10 bucks each, the shipping cost (to my home in Ohio) was $7.95. Womens Cotton Spandex Leggings by Athletica in Black, Medium

I bought my leggings from Lands End for years, but they recently stopped carrying them. It has been very difficult to find a replacement anywhere, until I tried these out of desperation. They are a very suitable replacement at about 1/3 the price.



I wore a medium from Lands End and the medium size of this product fits perfectly. These are longer than the Lands End leggings and that's good for me. These have 2% less spandex, but have plenty of stretch and recovery. These are not as heavy, but look great and appear to be just as durable.



I'm giving these the top rating because the value is good. At this price I can order in large quantities and always have nice leggings at hand.

Made in America. Priced right. Perfect thickness and tight fit. Excellent for working out, yoga, pilates, around the house or even for layering. They are basic but they are not cheaply made or lacking quality.



cons: I wish the color selection was better and that they made complementing tank tops, sports bras, shorts or calf length pants.

A friend once told me that being a tall is worse than being a petite because I can always shorten pants, but you cannot make extra fabric to lengthen hems that fall above one's ankles? Well I can recommend these leggings for those fabric challenged tall gals.



I usually buy a small, even though I have a slightly stocky build--okay, let's face it my waist is about three-quarters-of-an-inch long. So not only would the standard sized legging in a medium be long at the ankle, but the top portion would fit me like those grandpa pants that seem to be swallowing the torso.



The small in these fit me fine from waist to crotch, but there is plenty of fabric to spare in the leg length. So I would say that a medium would be perfect for a medium tall.



I wish the fabric were thicker like the leggings I have found in the past. However, since it is hard to find any leggings at all these days, at ten bucks a pair, I will hang onto these leggings, and wear them into the ground until they are relegated to painting pants.

I just bought these, have worn and washed once. So far so good. they are a little light weight, but I got them to wear under long tops, sweaters and skirts, so that is fine. they fit very nice. I have a problem with things being too short from waist to crotch, these fit. They are also long enough in the leg. I am happy with them and hope they hold up for a long time!

Great value for the price: they fit well, wear well, and are a steal at around $10. I would give these 5 stars if they were a little thicker, although they are thick enough and elastic enough to hide any dimples and wiggles.



THE FIT:

Nice and long in the leg (I am 5'4" with a 30" inseam and I can pull them down under my heels if I want). These fall below the waist, which isn't my preference, but I knew that from the picture when I bought them.



LONG WEARING

I have owned these leggings in black for nearly a year now, and they are still in great shape and unfaded after months of my wearing them while exercising and crawling on the floor after my kids. They also show no signs of shrinkage after drying in the dryer.

Though these pants aren't the warmest for cold weather by themselves, they are great for layering and hopefully summer wear. The material is not too thick and not too thin, and it fits comfortably - not tight at all. The waistband is very snug, and the shipping was very fast... most likely the reason for the high shipping and handling costs.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ankle Length Ankle Length Ankle Length