Saturday 28 August 2010

Dlp Projectors


I just upgraded from my old Dell mp3200 (ultra-portable business projector) to this one. The obvious goal here was to move to 1080p projection and streamline to just HDMI cables between all components. The Pro8200 does do that. I've been impressed so far, though I haven't really tested it thoroughly. Some people have complained about being able to see the color wheel at work -- if I really make an effort, I can see it -- but I could also see it with my old Dell. This is a silly critique, but it does kind of bug me -- the ViewSonic logo (bird) on the splash screen does not appear to be a pixel-pixel image!!?? So, it looks fuzzy/out of focus on the screen, which seems really silly to me. Everytime I start it up, I feel like I have to focus it. So, I just pull up the MENU and it's clear as day, confirming my focus setting has not changed. The projector does put out good light. Seems to keep up fine with BluRay. Overall I'm happy with it, although I expected a bit more than I'm getting from my upscale DVDs -- the old Dell seemed to do a bit better with those. Not sure why that would be.



Worth it for $800, for sure (which is what I got mine for). Obviously cheaper is always better, but I was waiting until SOMETHING came out with a nice warranty and from a major seller than was priced under $1000, and finally it has happened -- after 7 years of waiting. ViewSonic PRO8200 1080p DLP Home Theatre Projector

After two months of use, I feel I did not make a good choice. Horizontal movements are not smooth at all. It hurts the eyes, especially when watching sports programs and action movies. After buying, I found that it is a 24 frames per second projector instead of a 60fps one. Eco mode must be set every time you turn the projector on. The good things of the Pro 8200 you read from the manufacturer are true and plenty to consider, but the extremely annoying horizontal juddering or shaking effect must also be considered.

We absolutely love this projector. We bought it for our home theater and my husband has it projecting onto a 102" screen in a 12' x 18' room. The picture is amazing and we could not be happier. My husband is a techy, so we a surround sound, Direct TV, PS3, iPod station, computer, etc. hooked up to this projector. My 3 and 4 year old love watching movies on the big screen with their daddy.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dlp Projectors Dlp Projectors Dlp Projectors