Thursday 5 August 2010

Cyanoacrylate Adhesives - glue, cyanoacrylate adhesives


Honestly I have never used every last drop of a Krazy Glue tube before. Seems like I always wasted the glue (and money) because I'd only need a drop or two at a time and after two or three times the whole thing would harden and be useless. It's been 6 months and the stuff is still good in the container and the brush applicator allows precise applications and less chance of glued fingers. I love this stuff. Krazy Glue KG92548R Instant Krazy Glue All Purpose Brush 0.18-Ounce

I thought this was just something my only guitar teacher did but it turns out that it's not so uncommon for classical guitarists to glue their nail together after a crack (or total nail tip dismemberment). Classical guitarists usually can't play without their nails, so a crack or a rip is a big deal.



I had a crack in my index nail bed and wanted to keep it from cracking further since my index finger is the most important in playing (and ripping the pink park of your nail off really hurts, trust me). So I first tried my dad's super glue when I visited home. I don't remember the exact brand, but it was a decent brand in the traditional tube style. This was messy. It followed the curvature of my nail to my finger and left glue under my nail on my finger, which creates an unsatisfying, annoying feeling on that finger afterwards. To top it off, it didn't last very long at all before it cracked back to where it was before.



So I bandaged my finger until I got this Krazy Glue brush to try to prevent further cracking. This thing is great! This brush is like what you use for old school white out, only with really strong glue instead of white out. One ever-so-light dab of my nail with this brush and I was good to go. It took 20-30 minutes to set but then it survived a shower and washing dishes and everything! Haven't tried playing guitar with it yet, but I will tonight. It definitely feels strong though, and it didn't get all over my finger! I'm really glad I paid the extra buck or two to get this instead of the traditional kind.

Pro: new packaging is a good idea



cons: cannot bind every material like my old tube krazy glue. (rubbermaid plastic don't work, metals don't work). still binds hard plastic and skin, though.



thoughts: they must have changed the formulation so the glue can be contained in the new packaging without drying out quickly. it's a nice idea. but krazy glue that cannot bind everything i throw at it is really not krazy glue at all.

For years I've found Krazy Glue to be an indispensable household aid, but was always frustrated that I'd use it once or twice and then next time I needed it, it would be hard and unusable. I even started saving items that needed glue so I could save up enough to make it worthwhile to open the glue tube -- not a user-friendly design at all!



But this little bottle, with a screw top and built-in brush -- is wonderful. The glue lasts a long time in actual liquid form, and the brush works fine. No more waiting to fix an item, no more finding the tube dried out. It's about time glue packaging improved. It's such a good idea that I'm sure someone got fired for it. Thanks for a great product.

Not much to say about Krazy Glue, it does what you expect it to do. It's not a miracle solution though, so don't expect it to glue a Manager's High Back Chair and the arm rest back together... It does take a good bit of time for it to dry, but once it does, it's Krazy good.



I recommend this product, because the price is good. Since Amazon ships it, it's tax free and arrive to your door step very fast.

Not as strong as the original. Takes a little longer to dry. However, it lasts longer since it will not glue the cap on to itself. Also w/ the brush, it is easier to apply to wherever you need it without gluing your fingers together! - Glue - Adhesives - Cyanoacrylate Adhesives - Super Glue'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cyanoacrylate Adhesives - glue, cyanoacrylate adhesives adhesives Cyanoacrylate Adhesives - glue, cyanoacrylate adhesives