Saturday 21 August 2010

Bamboo Viscose Socks


I purchased these socks as part of upgrading my wardrobe to something a little more professional and refined. My hope was these socks would handle moisture better than previous ones I had purchased and would not sink down during the day as many socks tend to do - especially as they age.



While they do handle moisture somewhat better than my old ones, they are only a marginal improvement. My old ones were simply the cheapest black socks I could find at the time so it was pretty easy for any socks I purchase to be an improvement.



These are overall comfortable socks, but after two weeks of using them, I'm already finding myself having to pull them up several times a day - a ritual I was hoping to avoid for at least a few months. Dockers Mens 3 Pack Bamboo Rayon Texture Socks, Black, One Size

When I first ordered bamboo socks I just wanted to see what they were like. After all, I had never heard of fabrics from bamboo, so I had to see what all the fuss was about.



I first tried bamboo viscose in socks from Docker's about 2 years ago. Amazon didn't yet carry Docker's, so I had to order from Sears. At that time the Dockers bamboo socks were about 80% viscose from bamboo. Without doubt, these were the most comfortable socks I had ever worn. They were too fragile for the dryer though and had to be hung to dry slowly. My only complaint is that the socks all started to develop holes in the heal area about 2 years later. So 80% viscose from bamboo socks were not that durable.



As I went to reorder these socks, twos things changed. Sears no longer has any Dockers bamboo socks --- but thankfully Amazon does!!! I saw that Docker's has changed the formula. These socks are only 40% bamboo rayon --- so although only slightly thinner, I expect them to be significantly more durable than the prior formula - and these can be dried in the dryer!



I am now totally hooked. Bamboo socks are definitely my favorites. They are cool in the summer and warm in the winter. They are luxurious beyond description. They wick moisture away from the skin and are both anti-fungal and anti-microbial. Once you try bamboo socks, you won't ever want anything else.

I always had trouble with sweaty feet. Not with these socks. The feet stay dry and thus don't smell. Compared to synthetic materials, these socks just do the trick. I always have them in the dryer and it is absolutely no problem. They keep their size and shape. Also, I had problems with other socks as at the big toe, the nail would just scratch through the material in no time. I wore these socks in my dress shoes where I freqently had that problem and they stood up perfectly. No signs of scratching and no worn-out zones at the heel or the toes.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Bamboo Viscose Socks Bamboo Viscose Socks Bamboo Viscose Socks