Saturday 21 August 2010

3m Respirator - dust, filter


I've been using 3M's 6000 series halfmask with P100 2091 cartridges. I was still inhaling a lot of gas and smoke because the 6000 series has a vent right in the middle and the only thing separating me from the outside air is a thin rubber membrane in the vent. Not so with this respirator. Notice the shield on the center section. It covers that vent, and it makes a huge difference. I also switched to the P100 2097 cartridge, which has the Nuisance level Organic Vapor protection. Boy, what a difference! I am now unable to smell ANY welding fumes while welding. This respirator is also made of a thicker silicone and has a much more comfortable fit than the 6000 series. All in all, a little more money for a LOT more safety, and it all fits under my welding helmet perfectly. 3M 7500 Series Reusable Half-Facepiece; Model 7502; Size: Medium

....and that's exactly what is supposed to happen when you use a 3M 7500 Respirator....Easy to fit...Comfortable (to a point...sometimes there is bit of conflict when I am wearing eye protection, earmuff style hearing protection and the respirator), but whatever very minor discomfort I experience, I know that my lungs are being protected. I did a lot of research, but what sealed the deal for me was the recommendation of Marc Spagnolo (aka the "Wood Whisperer").

After researching respirators and reading many reviews, I decided to go with this one after reading "MeridethJL's" review. It really does work great. I cant smell a thing and I feel very safe welding now. I also do alot of grinding and it also protects me from breathing in all the particals. It is also very comfortable. I went with the #2097 cartridges. I would recommend this to anyone who does welding or grinding.

I bought this mask and a pair of the pink asbestos quality filters.



First of all I use this in my wood shop after I found out that I have an allergy to exotic woods.



The mask itself fits very very well and is super comfortable. I do wear glasses and have had NO issues in seeing. I would highly recommend this one.

This is an excellent mask, far more comfortable than any other mask I've tried, and none of the usual problems with fogging up my safety glasses when I'm in the workshop. I also have pretty bad pollen allergies and I'm miserable if I work in the yard on a Saturday without protection. I graduated to this one after using a simple mask with replaceable cotton (?) filters. It worked well enough against sawdust and pollen but it was uncomfortable to wear so I didn't tend to use it as much as I should. It seems like with life expectancies getting progressively longer, more and more people end up with some form of cancer. I love my woodworking hobby but I don't want to risk my lungs for it.



By the way, it wasn't apparent to me that the round filters like the 2091 and 2097 attach directly to this facepiece without the need for a housing or cartridge of some type. None of the pictures of the filters I saw while browsing showed the back side where the fitting is located. That is convenient but I would prefer a rigid housing around the filters to help protect them from damage. That's just a personal preference.

I also purchased this mask after seeing a review by "The Wood Whisperer". I currently do not have a dust collection system at my shop and have been using a standard dust mask, which works, well, as well as a dust mask can, it offers some protection, but not much. The 3M 7500 series works GREAT! No air enters through the perimeter as there is a nice sized rubber "gasket" that seals it up between your face. Air is exited through the bottom, so no more steamed up glasses, and it is comfortable to wear. And best of all, it's inexpensive. Great product.

I really enjoy the fit with this facemask. This was a recommended buy from thewoodwhisperer.com and I was not disappointed. The lower strap connects with a hook and loop connector so that I don't have to stretch that across my big head. The seal around the mouth and nose is very comfortable and the exhaled breath is directed downward so that safety glasses are not fogged up. I had to purchase the cartridges separately and I got the organic vapor for finishes and the P100 for dust control.

This is a very good product, but it comes in 3 sizes, and you need to know what size to order. I could not find sizing information on the web, so it would be helpful if sizing information was available.

I got this for around the house use. I recently purchased a house and have lots to do.



I have worn it while putting down new attic insulation. Worked great even in the heat. Didn't slip or fog up my glasses or anything. No problems with coughing or anything afterwards which I always seemed to have problems with those cheap white masks. Also didn't seem to heat me up like those did either, probably since they were against/near face as well as trapping your exhaled air.



Also had a mold and just overall nasty basement bathroom problem. So I donned the mask and went to work with the bleach. With the mask on I didn't smell a thing! Again no breathing issue before, during, or after! Just great! Now working on an upstairs bathroom. Again fiberglass and mold issues. Yep darn right I'm using the mask and no problems! I am very happy with this product and have already recommneded it for others.



Purchase the filters that will cover what you are doing and you will be ready to go. This mask stays well placed on my face with no leaks and doesn't change the way I breath at all. I have turned my head up, down, side to side, upside down, everything. I got the medium and it seems to work well for me. I have a longish face I guess, maybe more oval or rectangle. My head size is average, maybe 7 1/8, 7 1/2 hat size. Not sure how to judge size otherwise? - Respirator - Filter - 3m Respirator - Dust'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


3m Respirator - dust, filter 3m respirator 3m Respirator - dust, filter