Saturday 3 July 2010

Visor Beanie - visor, beanie


I recently came across these very same hats at a local mall this past Christmas. As an avid walker and hiker, even in the dead of winter I am always looking for something a little warmer and more comfortable with the least amount of effort to put on, or carry along. For years there was the traditional knit hat, or toque that was on my list as standard equipment both for walking and hiking. That is until I tried one of these on at the mall this past holiday season and decided that they have easily incorporated into the design of these the 3 essentials necessary for keeping warm and comfy while braving the winters savage elements. A knit toque for the head, an extended ear flap to take care of the ears, and a visor for the very obvious reasons as to why we very often need one. Quite simply put, I found these hats to be far more warm and comfy than the traditional toque for surviving the long winter here in New England. Most of all, I wish that I had located the hats here before buying a couple at the local mall. They are not only cheaper here than what I paid, but as of the time of this writing, ship for free through Amazon. If you spend a lot of time outside in winter and desire the ultimate in head gear as far as warmth and convenience in my opinion, invest in two or more of these and be done for life. They are warm, comfy, and at the price they are asking for them with free shipping, its like you are buying them tax free and at cost from your local store, and having them delivered to your house for free... Recommended. Knit Beanie Visor Hat - Scull Cap Style - Black

This hat is exactly what I needed. I don't like to carry umbrellas at work because I carry a tote and a purse. This is a great hands free way of keeping my face dry and the hat is nice and warm.

This is a very well made hat.

This cap is exactly what my husband wanted for the cold snowy winters of Chicago. He wanted an inexpensive knit cap with a visor that would keep his jacket hood from falling down over his eyes and without advertising a brand. This is doing the trick. Thank you!

WARNING: This seller selling "Irregular Hat". As the other 1 star reviewers noted, the cuff is only about 1/4" high above the visor, and looks ridiculous!!! Not as photo. This seller purchased cheap IRREGULAR merchandise and sell them. It should belong at dollar store sell at 2 for $1.

The hat arrived promptly, only four days after ordering it. It came in a Zip-Loc bag, and was in wearable condition straight out of the bag - it had no undesirable smell and was immaculately clean.



The hat itself is extremely comfortable - it is very easy to put on and stretchy. It fits even my abnormally large head comfortably without feeling tight. The visor is just the right size to serve its purpose without looking like a baseball cap. The cuff around the visor can be folded down to cover more of the head, though the hat already covers all fantastically. It is just warm enough to do the job, but not so warm that you'll be especially hot after an extended wearing. It also doesn't seem to cause as much hat-head as other hats do.



For the incredibly low price I got it at, this is an amazing product and I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants a reliable, high-quality winter hat.

This product is garbage.



As one other reviewer noted, the cuff is only about 1/4" high above the visor, and looks ridiculous. Not at all as pictured. Further, the hat is EXTREMELY tight (and I have a small head) from the forehead around back. This puts a lot of pressure on your head and mats your hair down unlike any other hat I've ever worn. Beyond that, ironically, it's loose and baggy on the top near the crown of the head, and looks like a sock (all folded over and saggy).



I understand it only costs a few bucks delivered, but is absolutely worthless. I simply cannot fathom the other reviews which say this is a good product. Mine went straight in the garbage.

Well, it's a knit cap. I think we've all seen at least one knit cap in our lives so there isn't much to report. I work in the field as an Appraiser and live in Texas so during our few weeks of winter (sorry, those of you in the frozen tundra of the North) I need something to protect my ears but think a standard knit cap provides too casual an appearance. I'm not quite old enough to get away with a fedora and not Texan enough to pull off a Stetson. Anyway, this visor cap fits the bill - warm ears but with a little more flare. It seems well made in that it hasn't fallen apart or turned my hair green, and the fabric is softer than the torture device called a watch cap which I had to wear in the Navy. As one reviewer wrote upon first putting it on two little horn-looking things appear on top but by moving it around a bit I'm able to smooth out the crown and it looks OK. The last thing I want to do is go into a store and start trying on caps, so ordering online is great and the price seemed like a deal to me. Amazon and little cap, my relatively warm ears thank you. Oh, it's black in color, not navy blue. - Visor Beanie - Visor - Beanie - Knit Caps'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Visor Beanie - visor, beanie visor beanie Visor Beanie - visor, beanie