Wednesday 14 July 2010

Photography Equipment - sandisk, digital camera


This card can hold up to about 1500 8 megapixel jpgs (give or take) which is usually more than I need in a single day. I also have three 1 gig Ultra II's and have noticed that they seem to be faster than the 4 gig version...but I usually don't need more than 9 pictures of an event in less than 5 seconds anyway, so this has not caused too much trouble. I have taken about 5,000-6,000 pictures on this card so far without any problems, other than running low on hard drive space because I end up taking more pictures due to this cards large size. So if speed is your main concern I recommend buying a few 1 gig cards or even moving up to an Extreme III, but other than that this card is a very good size for the cost and gets the job done. SanDisk SDCFH-004G-A11 4GB 30MB/s ULTRA CF Card (US Retail Package)

I bought this in April for my new Canon 30D and it worked great until several months ago. When I would go back to scroll through the recently taken pictures on my camera it would start saying "Data Corrupted". It started out slowly then it would lose every third picture. I tried to reformat the card and got an error message. Now my camera does not recognize it nor does the camera software on my computer. It was a wonderful card while it lasted but I too am hesitate to get another one. Hopefully mine was a lemon too.....but then again.

I love the quality and speed of SanDisk cards. Nevertheless I must confess, after having an Extreme card, you do feel the difference, while browsing through the pics in the camera... I believe it's worth to pay the difference for an Extreme one. In all other matters, great product, reasonable speed (while taking / processing pictures) and good speed for transfering photos to the computer.

This seemed like a great card at a great price. Unfortunately after 4 months, during the middle of a paid shoot, all of the images instantly dissappeared. I stopped using the card, put it aside until I got home. I tried to use software to recover the images. Only a few could be recovered, the rest were gone. I've not been able to re-format the card in either a canon eos 5d, digital rebel, or using software on my computer. The card is now completely un-usable.



All of my older cards continue to work just fine. Hopefully this is just a lemon, although I need to replace it, and am obviously apprehensive about purchasing another one from Sandisk.

Normally I really like Sandisk CF cards. I have an Ultra II 1 gig that has performed flawlessly for over a year. I just recently purchased 2 of the 4 gig cards for an upcoming trip.



To preface I've had digital cameras for years. As far as digital SLR's I've had the orginal DRebel, 2 20D's and 2 30D's.. as well as a Nikon D50. I'm not a novice when it comes to these and to the cards they take.



Upon arrival of the 4 gig cards I put them in to check them. Both produced Err 99 on the Canon 30D's... as well as the Canon 20 D's. The only way around that Err 99 was to format BOTH CF cards on my computer .. and only then did they work in the cameras.



I have NEVER had to format an card before first time use in any of my cameras (including the other 2 4 gig cards that I own).



The cards are being sent back to where I got them, and I'm purchasing cards from a different vendor (and the Ultra III). It's my belief that it could be a batch problem .. as I am hearing others complain of this issue over the last month.



If you experience this problem, return them IMMEDIATELY to the vendor that you purchased it from. While reformatting them on your computer will work, there's a fairly good chance that the card could fail down the road.

I own five of these. The first one I bought at least a year and a half ago, maybe two. Not a problem with any of them, ever. They're fast and at a good price point. If you do any kind of action photography where your camera's buffer comes into play it's worth the extra money to buy a card that will read and write faster.

I used this card for over a year with no problem, deleting all the images on it with my computer numerous times without a problem. Until recently. I deleted the images from my computer, was able to take two photos, then got the change notice on my Nikon D70. I reformatted the card on the camera, but it's still unusable.



It's a great card, delete on your computer at your own risk. - Compact Flash - Sandisk - Digital Camera - Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Photography Equipment - sandisk, digital camera digital camera Photography Equipment - sandisk, digital camera