Thursday 15 July 2010

Masks - masks, 3m respirator


If you are looking for a respirator that is actually comfortable on your face, this is it. I bought this primarily for woodworking, but after using it I have discovered the awesomeness that is activated charcoal. I now use this thing for painting, spraying and finishing my projects. I seriously think you could dip your head in a can of paint and you wouldn't be able to smell anything through those bad boys (I wouldn't recommend trying that though...). Did I mention comfort? Because this respirator can be worn a long time comfortably. The downdraft feature of the exhaust is really nice as well. For woodworking it prevents me from blowing dust all over the place every time I exhale. If you've been wearing dust masks for projects do your lungs and your brain a favor and buy this. 3M R-7512ES Professional Half-Mask Organic Vapor, P95 Respirator Assembly, Medium

I am very happy with the mask. There could be better instructions for use but it is comfortable to wear and does not fog up my glasses. I used it while routing wood which creates a lot of dust and still had full use of my glasses because of the tight fit. Even with the tight fit it is comfortable. I also used it while cleaning my shower stall with a bleach spray and did not get an odor of the bleach. I ventilated the room to be safe.

This is a comfortable respirator that is easy to put on, inexpensive, and works superbly. I live near the coast and must spray fungicides regularly. There is no smell whatsoever that gets into the respirator, so you are not breathing the toxins. I can still play my I touch while using it and would unequivocally recommend it.

I bought these with the intention of only using them when painting the exterior of my house as they are marketed as a "Paint Spray Respirator". Having said that I ended up using them when sanding, drywall/ drywall sanding, demo work (both interior and exterior), and just all around cleaning of the work area. All particles (drywall, sawdust, etc.) were captured in the filters!! While working I even noted where I could not smell what I was working on - they filter out that much of the surrounding air. They are comfortable to boot as well. Huge amounts of adjustability and the silicone face piece contoured to my face perfectly!

I've used both the standard and the professional half masks, and I can't tell the difference between the two. I wish they'd do something to solve the condensation that builds up in the outlet and drips out from time to time.



All and all it does the job though.

This product is saving my life. The building I live in has insufficient venting of the laundry room which proceeds to regularly fill up with a combination of dozens of types of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from laundry detergent and drier sheet/fabric softeners used one after the other in a large apartment building. This toxic cloud drifts into the hallway and made me ill for months, and I called an inspector to try to get the problem fixed and they said there is nothing they can do, and the landlord says they have done all that they can do. So it is my problem. And, half my body has gone numb now in a stroke-like event, with numbness from my finger tips on my right hand progressively leading up to my upper arm then my tongue, cheeks, and mouth, which are now rigid, as well as the top of my skull and back down the other side, similarly. The only defense I have against further deterioration of my nervous system is this mask. And thus it allows me to go into the laundry room without getting even more terribly ill from the fumes and limits my exposure to this ongoing chemical warfare that is unregulated VOC exposure. As well I wear it to go down the hall to empty the trash. It has an excellent fit, it is comfortable to wear and easy to breathe through. Highly recommended for those requiring a source of non-toxic air in their living environment. - 3m - 3m Respirator - Woodworking - Masks'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Masks - masks, 3m respirator 3m respirator Masks - masks, 3m respirator