Thursday 15 July 2010

Halloween Costumes


Got this for my son for Halloween since he's big into firefighters at the moment. Figured that since it had an award for quality that it would be comparable to the $50 one I've seen as well. Especially since it was originally priced at $60.



Unfortunately, the material is the cheap, thin polyester-type stuff that tears easily and the patch was glued on, not sewed on (it fell off literally in the first 5 minutes my son was wearing it). Hopefully shouldn't be too big of a deal since I can hopefully sew it back on for him, but for $30, I expected better quality.



The item says it comes with an adjustable helmet, but I originally received only the costume without the helmet. In Dress Up America's defense, when I contacted them about the issue, they shipped a helmet immediately (not adjustable, though) at no extra charge.



It's not a horrible costume, but the award and the price lead you to believe it's a high quality costume. We'll be lucky if this lasts though Halloween night. Firefighter Costume Boy - Child 4-6

I originally intended to buy the Aeromax fire fighter costume for my child, but could not find it anywhere in his size (4/6). This one caught my eye, and since the page stated it was "award winning" I thought this might be a suitable replacement. I was wrong.



First off, instead of being a durable cotton outfit (like the Aeromax) this one is made of a thin polyester material. Not too realistic looking. The "reflector" stripes are just brightly colored strips of polyester and have no reflective capability (as the Aeromax does). The embroidered patch was not sewn on but glued. My son managed to pull it off in about 30 minutes. And the helmet is not adjustable (as the web page states) but is a one-size-fits-all.



Obviously, I was very, very disappointed in this purchase. It's nowhere near worth the $30 they are charging. You'd probably find a similar outfit at some place like Target or Walmart for less than $10.



Buyer beware...

I purchased this fireman suit for my son and most recently for my nephew.

It is very well constructed, durable and fits well. It is perfect for Halloween because of the reflection detail. My son used it for evveryday play putting out imaginary fires all over the neighborhood.

It fits to size, maybe runs a little big. The hat is heavy plastic and durable.

I purchased this as a Halloween costume for my 4 year old son. For the money, it was a great value. The package said it did not include the helmet, but it did. I would definitely buy this costume again.

I sent this Toddler Fireman Outfit as a gift. It has been reported to me that it is of good quality, and the shipping portion worked out as promised. It arrived exactly on the arrival date listed. I am very pleased with the service and the gift.

This costume is well made. It is not plastic like so many other firefighter costumes. It looks great! It is also very durable. My 5 year old son has worn it several times so it has been washed and it still looks like new! Great product. I would highly recommend it!

Costumes arrived in perfect condition and on time if not earlier than promised. Fit well and looked sturdy, well made for a Halloween costume. The helmut is made of hard plastic and is very impressive. We did not use the neck cover, but it is included.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Halloween Costumes Halloween Costumes Halloween Costumes