Wednesday 16 June 2010

Wool Blanket


The look, feel and overall quality of this blanket is nice. I appreciate the large 62" x 80" as well. Unfortunately, I bought this as a camping blanket for cool/cold nights. I have learned that there is a definite difference between 70/30 wool blankets and 100% wool. This blanket is very nice to have in the house as a nice throw to take the chill off, but it will not keep you warm outside in the cold. I held it up to the light and you can see through it...the weave is not "tight" and the material is thin. I am keeping the product b/c I like the way it looks, its size and it will serve nicely for cover indoors. If you want something to keep you warm outside, get a 100% heavy, thick wool blanket. Grey 70% Virgin Wool Blanket 62" x 80 "

The blankets did have a strong chemical smell and needed to washed three times with Oxiclean and plenty of fabric softener in cold water, after air drying in the sun the two blankets I bought they are great. I give the blankets four stars for the price and the size (a perfect size for a queen-size memory foam mattress, used under the fitted sheet to keep from overheating.

I bought this blanket to make a cloak for the SCA. However, the last time I camped it got down in the 40s and it came in exceptionally HANDY in keeping my wife and I warm as an auxiliary blanket. We just tossed it on top of our fleece blanket and it provided the much needed insulation.



Note, when it arrived it smelled rather bad, like it is supposed to, based on the treatment to ensure it's fire retardant properties, but after one wash it was just fine.

I got the blanket for a primitive skills course and decided to test it out in the woods. It works extremely well, i only had it and a fleece jacket as protection from the cold and to my surprise I slept through to the coldest part of the night in a shelter. The blanket rocks, I love the thing and I can't wait to make it into a coat.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wool Blanket Wool Blanket Wool Blanket