Monday 21 June 2010

Travel - travel, almay


I really like these--and I have tried many others. What impresses me most is that I don't have to deal with that oily residue that most other makeup remover pads leave behind. I find it harder to remove the oily residue and if you don't get it all off, it can adversely affect your makeup the next day--mascara and eyeliner runs and smudges, etc. I guess I haven't had the problems other people are finding with waterproof mascara, etc. I find that it does remove that. I just leave the pads on my lashes a little longer, soak them well, etc., before I start wiping off the mascara. It works for me. Almay Oil-free Makeup Remover Pads, 80 Pads

Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads are the only makeup remover products that I ever use! I wear waterproof mascara every day, as well as eye liner, eye shadow and eye brow highlighter. These pads remove 95% of my makeup at night. In the morning, I use another pad to wipe away what little mascara that remains. These pads are very easy to use and never leave a greasy residue in or around my eyes. I suggest buying them in the large containers of 120. Often I can find them at a "buy one get the second one at half price" deal at some of the major drug stores like Walgreens and CVS.



My daughter is a competitive dancer. Her dance team needs to wear a lot of stage makeup while competing. The girls usually use Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads to remove their stage makeup before we leave the arena. While it may take 4 or 5 pads to remove all of the makeup, it still leaves the girls looking clean and normal when they leave.

I like that this product does not leave an oily residue. It is not all that great at removing more than the lightest coating of mascara. I have tried it with three different brands of regular and one waterproof mascaras. It was successful at removing a light layer of non-waterproof mascara. Heavier makeup leaves a lot of left over makeup under the lower lash that requires additional pads and scrubbing to remove. This is not a product to remove waterproof mascara. They are useful for carry-on luggage for travel.



Update 12 December

I have returned to lower my rating from 3 stars to 2. I have tried this remover with several different brands of mascara and it does not work well with any of them. I did not even try it with waterproof mascara.

This is some of the most pointless money I've ever spent. I scrubbed and wiped and blotted, and it took 5 of these tiny pads to get what I thought was all my waterproof mascara and eyeliner off. After I washed my face the next morning, I was Ms. Raccoon Eyes again. I recommend Neutrogena eye-makeup remover pads instead.

This stuff is the best; it's the only eye-makeup remover that I use and I order it in bulk. Not at all greasy and great for sensitive skin or people who wear contact lenses (never irritates them). Buy it-- you won't be disappointed! - Travel - Almay'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Travel - travel, almay almay Travel - travel, almay