Tuesday 22 June 2010

Short Sleeve T-shirt - heavy weight, carhartt


I was very disappointed when I received this shipment! I ordered 5 of these shirts and only 2 of them were the Heavy Weight T-Shirts I have come to expect from Riggs Workwear. The other 3 were light weight flimsy versions of the same shirt! I really hate it when manufactures

of a quality product go cheap, I would much rather them raise their prices to maintain their established level of quality. Most people I know don't mind paying a premium for quality if they get what they expect. RIGGS WORKWEAR by Wrangler Men's Pocket T-Shirt, Safety Green, XX-Large

Some of the reviewers are complaining about these shirts not being as good as they used to be. I really don't see how they could be any more sturdy without being cumbersome. These shirts are the best I have ever owned. BAR NONE! I destroy other T's almost on a weekly basis. My rag bag is full of proof. I don't think these will be included for sometime. BLANK HAPPENS THOUGH!

I love the hell out of these shirts.



For reference, I am 5'10", 280lbs, and I bought the black shirt in 3XLT. This shirt is identical to the shirts with the title: "RIGGS WORKWEAR by Wrangler Men's Big and Tall Pocket T-Shirt" I dont understand the need for 2 links containing some of the same and some different colors, but there you go. On the other link, I bought the burgundy, navy blue, and hunter green.



First, I LOVE the necks, but I know some others might hate them, so I wanted to describe them as best I can -- the collars are a little wider than your average t-shirt collar, but not as wide as a mock neck -- and the neck hole is smaller than your average t-shirt neck hole, which could feel very tight around the neck of a person w/a larger neck size. Like I said, I love that look and feel, but I know some people with larger necks might feel like they are choking.



There is a lot of room in the chest and abdomen and the length on all are pretty consistently long (remember, I got the tall size) -- they all hang down to and cover my butt. The pictures seem to cover the length of the shirt and sleeves pretty accurately, but being a woman, I do not have very broad shoulders so the sleeves hang to *just* past my elbows (vs just above the elbows on the man in the pic).



Also - the black, burgundy & navy blue look a little washed out in the pics I'm seeing on my monitor - like a stonewashed effect - but these shirts are a nice deep dark black, maroon, and blue irl - which is more appealing than what I saw in the pic.



I washed the shirts this evening just after they were delivered and then tossed them in the dryer on reg/med heat for about 30mins - they did a pretty good job of holding their shape and size, but when I buy more (and I will buy more), I will probably flat or hang dry them and just toss them into the dryer for a few mins of softening because I noticed the black shirt lost almost an inch of its length - the others did not. Better to be safe than sorry.



The only thing I didnt like was the cleaning instruction tag - attached inside one of the seams inside at the bottom of each shirt. They scratched against my skin and are the kind of tags you can cut out but you wont get the whole tag. A little annoying, but not enough to make me dislike the whole shirt.



As I said, I am buying several more of these - they have become my new shirt. I also like the little utility loop inside the pocket - would have come in handy in my stage management days!



Highly recommended.

These are some of the better made T-Shirts that I have ever purchased. I like the heavy feel of the material, not cheap like other brands. They are priced a little high, but as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" fits here and I feel that these T-Shirts will last a long time.

I originally bought these for my dad. When they arrived, I looked at them and they were extremely long. My dad would have never worn them. My husband is taller, so he kept them for himself, and we bought my dad another gift. The quality is good, but the length was totally unexpected. I'm glad I didn't have them delivered directly to my dad.

i was so glad to find this name brand work T shirt, it's heavy weight cotton fabric is durable and soft, the shirt is long for taller builds, and slightly over sized but not by much, i like it as much as the carhart brand

This is a real quality tee shirt. Wears very well but a little bit tight in the neck. Not much shrinkage after a wash and I like wearing them. The colors seem to last and the 100% cotton is durable. I tried other brands but this one is best for me. - Heavy Duty - Pocket T-shirt - Carhartt - Heavy Weight'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Short Sleeve T-shirt - heavy weight, carhartt pocket t-shirt Short Sleeve T-shirt - heavy weight, carhartt