Tuesday 22 June 2010

Dogs - Grooming - dogs, dogs - grooming


This book is full of useful information, but unfortunately it is lacking in illustrations or photos that would help the "Dummies" learn from scratch how to bathe, clip, and otherwise groom their dogs. This is too visual/hands on a process to be simply described in words. Dog Grooming For Dummies

This book was a disappointment: was not about grooming your pet to a certain cut, or which parts to do first, blade differences for paws and ears, but more about how to get your dog into a tub or be brushed. Some nice tips on getting nasty things out of fur, but anything more than that, the book seems to recommend going to ask your local pet groomer to teach you. Not helpful for folks looking to undertake seriously grooming their pet. I did try the Everything Dog Grooming book, which was much more helpful.

I own this book personally. I am just starting in the field of Dog Grooming and this book was EXTREMELY helpful. It was very clear to understand what the writer was talking about. I give it two thumbs way up.

This was purchased just in time to supplement the adult Ed. Intro to Pet (dog) Grooming classes (10 hours) at the local JVS.

The class is strictly an INTRO to dog grooming, BUT, was disappointed that instructor/school for our $150 fee did NOT give us an actual book on the subject. We got some printed copies of pages from insructor's book...

DOG GROOMING for DUMMIES is a GREAT source for home groomer want-to-be's.

I think it is well written and not at all boring.

I am glad I got it for I have 2 new pups and two older dogs, and, I I have found out, I can do a LOT more for both me and the dogs' benefit.

Although I used to be a Vet Tech for years & years, I found this book to be very thorough and informative. It explains step by step how to do everything from basic dog handling and bathing; to more specific procedures, as how brush, groom, clip (including which number blades to be using on different areas)as well as addressing the 'how to's' for various breeds. I highly recommend it, especially for a beginner!

When I purchased this item I was hoping for more than I got. It is not breed specific for specific grooming. It is all in general terms and I was looking for more specific tips in grooming. Worth the money if you are looking for general tips in grooming.

Prior to now, I've always had dogs that required only an occasional bath and a brush, but I have a new little one that requires serious maintenance. She's TERRIFIED of anyone else (long story), so I wanted to learn how to groom her at home with less stress for us both. This book has helped us work through some issues -- we're still not perfect, but it's a practical book with real information and helpful tips to give ME the courage to get out those shears and that shampoo and get busy. I recommend it for beginners.Dog Grooming For Dummies (For Dummies (Pets))

I really liked this book. It was helpful to me in all the areas that I needed a grooming book for. The tool recommendations plus the way the book was written itself I found interesting and helpful in grooming my pets at home. - Dogs - Grooming - Dogs - Dog Care - Dog Grooming Book'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dogs - Grooming - dogs, dogs - grooming dogs - grooming Dogs - Grooming - dogs, dogs - grooming