Thursday 24 June 2010

Power Adapter - iphone, ipod charger


The price was so good to be true. I wanted to buy an original power adapter and the title in this item made me think I was going to get what I was looking for. Unfortunately the adapter I received didn't work and after looking at the fine print where the prongs are, I realized it has misspellings! Something Apple would never allow. It is very bad and ethically incorrect that customers are tricked with this product. USB Power Adapter for iPod, iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3Gs

I just received my adapter in the mail [...] Very prompt service. There is no green dot. Apple recalled adapters without a green dot from the USA last fall. I live in the USA, so the adapter I received is a potential fire hazard [...]

First, it appears many of the negative reviews are based on third party/ knockoffs, which may be posted under the OEM improperly, when if fact, they they're "compatible" or " Apple replacement" USB adapters.



The first wave of adapters manufactured and distributed by Apple had significant problems. Apple pulled them and replaced them with a similar looking unit, but with a green dot distinguishing it from the original defective units. If reviewers had purchased the non green dot Apple made units, they will be unhappy, and the sellers of those units should be ashamed of themselves.



The Hong Kong "Apple replacement or Compatible" can run the gamut of being based on the first Apple release, so they won't work, others may be the returned Apple units, with green dots applied.



With that in mind, I have secured actual OEM units, which I've had no problem with at all. They are compatible with all of my different generation Ipods, and works with my new 3GS Iphone.



I'd have given the product five stars except for feature I'd like to have incorporated. The ability to fold or retract the prongs. That may not be possible, but something I"d like Apple address in future adapters.



My advice is: Stay away from any adapters that are not listed as OEM so read the description closely . Contact the seller before purchasing, ask them if they can assure you the unit they are selling is an OEM Apple made unit. If so, feel free to purchase. If what they send is not OEM, you'll have the sellers assurance to contact Amazon if the seller doesn't refund your money in full and pay for the postage to return the item.

"Charging is not supported with this accessory" is the message that appears when I plug it in to my new iPhone 3Gs. No charge at all after leaving it plugged in overnight. Not much use for a charger that doesn't work. By the way, it has the "green dot" and is exactly the same look and feel as the original Apple charger. Additionally the customer service line for vibecellular is overflowing and you cannot reach them by phone.

Bought this after reading mixed reviews and needless to say it does not work. Didn't bother sending it back for a refund (because I'll waste more money on shipping) so I just tossed it in the trash. At first, the adaptor seems like it works but it DOES NOT CHARGE my iPhone 3G!!!! The battery signal shows up on phone and all but again, it does not charge! Hope I didn't damage my phone. :-/ Spend the extra bucks and save yourself from a headache and buy an adaptor at the Apple store.

I bought one of these adapters and it did have the green dot but it didnt work. I contacted the seller they were nice and sent out a new one without requesting the the other one back. The second one didnt work either so it sent them both back and recieved a full refund. - Power Adapter - Charger - Iphone - Ipod Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Adapter - iphone, ipod charger ipod charger Power Adapter - iphone, ipod charger