Tuesday 15 June 2010

Gold Toe Socks - feet, womens socks


I received two pairs of the Gold Toe Comfort Crew athletic socks for the holidays and they are terrific. The material is very solid, high-quality ribbed with some stretch. The tube of the sock is versatile, and can be cuffed, slouched, or pulled up. They don't fall if worn completely pulled up. While they're high quality they're not so thick that they affect the fit of your shoes. They wash well and are perfect for everyday wear. Gold Toe Women's 3-Pack Comfort Crew Athletic Sock, White, size 9-11

I became a fan of Gold Toe socks about 8 years ago and this style is my favorite (I prefer a thick sock - note this is slightly thinner than an athletic sock and much thicker than a trouser/dress sock.)



Why Gold Toe?



- Well constructed

- Wash and dry well

- Retain shape

- Excellent price



If you're looking for a sturdy, every day sock this is highly recommended. This is not a dress sock - most appropriate for jeans or business casual.

I purchased 3 pairs of these socks for my niece, who recently grew to a shoe size of 9. Gold Toe socks I knew from past purcases as an excellent quality sock - softness, wears well, launders well, and lasts longer than others on the market. The special point: these socks are all white. Most women's white athletic socks have a pink toe. My niece didn't want pink socks. I will buy more of these socks in future as Christmas & Birthday gifts for my niece.

I purchsed size 9-11 of this item [Gold Toe Women's 3-Pack Comfort Crew Athletic Sock in Black]. I wear a size 8 athletic shoe. The socks were just what I was looking for, and they fit OK, but snuggly. I always wash things before I wear them. After washing according to the directions, the socks were very tight, and one sock had come apart at the stiching where the heel portion is sewn to the rest of the sock...leaving a hole. That was only one flaw out of many socks, but you might be more satisfied if you purchase a slightly bigger size than you normally wear.

These socks are great. They are not binding. They're cushiony soft. Even after many wears, they aren't sliding down and so far, no holes.

I'm on my feet all day and have worn holes in socks in just 3 wears. They've held up to the wear/tear I put socks through. My feet seem to hurt less when I wear these.

I love Gold Toe socks and have been buying them for years. I ordered the crew socks in black months ago. There is neverending lint that has not washed out after months of use. I have washed them inside out as well but there is still lint left on my feet and on my carpeting when I remove them after wearing. I'm really unhappy with these socks and would not recommend them.

I purchased these along with a set of Champion crew socks. I ended up returning the Champions and keeping the Gold Toes. I found that the material used in the Champion socks was a little thinner and not as cushioned as the Gold Toe socks. The insides of the socks also felt somewhat rough, and I was concerned that they might get rougher with repeated washings. The Gold Toe socks seemed to be better reinforced in the toe area. But one thing I liked about the Champion socks over the Gold Toe socks was that they came up about an inch higher over my calf. So one star off for length. It was a hard decision about which ones to keep, but I've been really happy with the Gold Toes and they've held up very well.



UPDATE 1/10/11

As I've washed these socks, they seem to get shorter and shorter (and I don't wash them on hot water or dry them on high). The length was short enough to begin with, but repeated washings have made them even shorter. I am now disappointed in these socks. If you are looking for a true crew sock in terms of length, I would skip these Gold Toe socks.

I have worn the Women's Gold Toe Crew Socks for many years. The page I ordered the socks on stated I had ordered this item a little more than a year ago. The socks seem to be made from the same material, but are about 2-3" shorter when placed on top of one of my older pair. I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe, and the socks are too small to be comfortable. - Sock - Feet - Womens Socks - Gold Toe'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Gold Toe Socks - feet, womens socks feet Gold Toe Socks - feet, womens socks