Tuesday 11 May 2010

Vacuum Bags - the boss, hepa filter


My new Eureka vac came with an amazing dust bag factory installed. The air that came out of the thing was sweeter than a spring breeze. When it was filled I tried to buy more of the same bag. Eureka said "we don't sell them direct, you can get them from [let's call them Big W]". I ordered some from Big W, and they sent me pack of fairly good paper bags; definitely NOT the right item. I ordered by part number here from Amazon, had a two-month wait, and "Eureka!" indeed, these are the same as the super-special ones they install in the factory to be sure to get high ratings from consumer reports and the like.



This is a 3-pack of heavy-duty, synthetic-fiber, Arm-and-Hammer filled (and logo'd), Eureka-branded, type RR bags.



Do yourself a favor, and ignore the 1-star review from the person who *didn't even get the product* and just had a snit over the listing not saying how many bags were in the pack - it's a bag of 3, buy these, they are the best.



PS It looks like they are in stock now (20 Feb 09) so you shouldn't have the 2-month wait for Amazon to find some! Eureka RR Style Synthetic Bag

TLDR I received the genuine Eureka Type RR vacuum bags and the Arm and Hammer in the bags leaves the house smelling fresh! To be sure, I bought when the seller is "sold by Amazon.com" and GoVacuum fulfilled by Amazon.com. I noticed the seller changed a week after. Maybe the seller changed after Amazon sold out?



Buying genuine replacement bags and filters are important especially if you own a HEPA vacuum. I put other links to the genuine Eureka stuff I bought on Amazon. I own a Eureka The Boss SmartVac and it's been performing flawlessly for years. I has a true HEPA filter (High Efficiency Particulate Air) that captures more dust, mold, and other fine particles not caught by the vacuum bag.



If you have a Eureka 4870 The Boss SmartVac like me (it was a Consumer Reports #1 rank when I bought it years ago), here are the Amazon links to the other genuine replacement parts that I also bought:



Eureka HF-2 HEPA Filter

Eureka Hepa Filter Style HF-2 with Arm and Hammer Inside

Eureka R Style Belt (I've never replaced mine but bought it just in case)

Eureka R Style Belts

Eureka 4870 Attachment Hose

Eureka The Boss Ultra Smart Vac Model 4870 Attachment Hose, Eureka Part 61247-1



P.S. I can't figure out why people buy fancy ball rolling vacuums that supposedly suck better (lol)... form over function? A vacuum that sucks harder is good, but more important is keeping the dust inside with a vacuum that has a true HEPA filter. Love my Eureka :-)

I ordered these bags after reading a review here on Amazon. We just bought a new Eureka Smart Vac and it came with a synthetic bag. These are the same type of bags that Hoover sells for their windtunnel for 10.00 for 2 bags. These bags really make a difference in your vacuum. Thanks AMAZON!! - Hepa Filter - The Boss'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Vacuum Bags - the boss, hepa filter hepa filter Vacuum Bags - the boss, hepa filter