Tuesday 11 May 2010

packaging tape - packaging tape


just a quickie review. I had doubts if this tape would work as well as the Scotch premium, but based on other Duck product reviews, I decided to give it a try, esp. with the great price value. I do a lot of EBAY shipping, and always use new cartons. This tape is easier to handle(being thicker) and actually sticks better. Very impressed! Duck Brand HP260 High Performance Grade Packaging Tape, 1.88" x 60 Yards, 3.1 Mil, Crystal Clear, 6-Pack + 2 Bonus Rolls (1067839)

We use a large quantity of Duck Brand High Performance packaging tape. Being a food distributor we have boxes that are refrigerated and frozen. This tape seals well in the cooler and freezer. Most other tapes do not fair well in below zero temperatures.

This is the best for the price I found so far. It is half the price of Scotch premium. It does the job pretty well. I don't say this is the strongest tape in the market but no need to apply two times even on postal boxes. I haven't noticed any smell like in the other review, maybe I got deferent batch.

I ship packages often, and needed a cost effective, easy to use, QUALITY product. This tape is PERFECT! It is the perfect thickness to handle without creasing on the packages, and once it sticks it is STUCK FOR GOOD. I always worried about other poor quality brands I had used in the past, because if I made a mistake I could sometimes just peel up my mistake and start over. If I could remove it, I wondered if others could remove it or if it stayed stuck tight for a UPS trip, which, rumor has it, CAN BE ROUGH ;)

I won't purchase anything else. Folks who are getting my packages say they arrive in GREAT shape, much better than in the past. If you have a need to ship and want your clients to be happy their packages stayed intact, this is your product!

NOTE, I also find because this tape is such good quality a little goes a LONG WAY, a little dab will do you. Instead of wrapping around the whole package to "make sure it stays shut" I now just do the seam on the bottom of the box and the seam on the top. It holds, NO PROBLEM, so I am using much less tape. GREAT PRODUCT, I will be using this Duck brand HP260 High performance grade packing tape from now on.

It's thick, Sticky, and sticks well even on on cold cardboard box's. I've used thinner tape that stuck just fine, but had issues with them not working well with tape dispensers. This tape does. It has a smell to it when you use it, sharp, reminds me of 100% silicone, or a very slight smell of vinegar. I don't find the smell objectionable.

Quick Review:



Pros: Great quality for the price. Thick and strong. Adhesive used really does stick to whatever your taping.



Cons: Adhesive has a strong smell so if you use it constantly, make sure you wear a face mask or you will get high off this stuff - smells like very weak paint thinner but too much of it will get you high. This is difficult to tear off by hand so either use a utility knife or scissors or those tape dispensers to cut off the ends.



Overall I would highly recommend this product. I looked around for the best bang for the buck and this was it. Cheap considering the quality and overall length you get out of it and the tape does not require "retaping" (when you place a tape down but add two or three more layers over it for reinforcement.) I found the thickness of one lawyer was strong enough.

I used to think that tape is tape until we had a company paid move and bought this tape. It is so much thicker and easier to handle. Instead of taping boxes 3 times, I was satisfied with once or twice. So you pay more, but you aren't using as much each time you tape. I love this tape and will continue to buy it if the price is right!

I bought a few rolls of other tape. That tape was thin, did not come off roll in one piece, fragments, so frustrating I threw out after this great tape came. It is easy to use, thick so it doesn't come off in pieces and sticks. Don't waste your time with another tape when this does the job. I also used it to frame-in my A/C unit in the window. This tape is pretty strong.

This is one of the better packing tapes I have used. It is one of the thicker tapes I have used, eliminating the need to add multiple layers. It is adequately sticky as well. With some tapes, I have to make an effort to go back over them, pressing it down, or it can release before the box has even shipped. This has not been the case with the HP260.



Given the price/performance characteristics, I anticipate purchasing more when this supply runs out. - Packaging Tape'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


packaging tape - packaging tape packaging tape packaging tape - packaging tape