Tuesday 11 May 2010

Telescopic Fishing Rod


This is a low end Shimano Rod. It was exactly what I needed as a pair of

trolling rods in terms of stiffness at base and flexibility at the tip.

I use it for both mono and for leadcore. I also use them for bait fishing

and jigging. I would not recommend them for flipping/casting as they are

thick diameter and not as light on the wrist and Shimano has lots of better

rods for that. But in terms of price and quality, for my purposes,

they can't be beat. Shimano FXC 2 Piece Casting Rod (7-Feet, Medium)

I haven't caught anything with it yet but, given that it was only $15 (I got the MH version), it's definitely worth the money. I'm now sure about the sensitivity but I'm float fishing for channel cats with it and it wasn't an issue.

Bought this 2 piece rod to put in the back of the SUV when we go visit the inlaws. I have other rods worth hundreds of dollars more I use when fishing from my boat, but this is the one that hauls in my personal best. It's not as sensative as your higher end rods and not as light and well balance, but it is well worth the money. It has good back bone and is built tough. It has outlasted other 2 pc rods I have purchased and after all the 6'0" model was strong enough to haul in a 10+ 27" largemouth bass while fishing it with a texas rigged plastic worm.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Telescopic Fishing Rod Telescopic Fishing Rod Telescopic Fishing Rod