Tuesday 25 May 2010

Screen Protectors - virgin mobile, android


This review likely applies to ALL the 5X sets of protective screen covers sold on Amazon for the LG Optimus phone for just under $4,including shipping. The V and S phone models are physically identical. I had just bought one, and my son gave me one of his protective sheets he had bought through Amazon for his phone. He does not know the exact vendor, as he has had his Optimus and protective sheets for over a month.



I'm writing because in the reviews several people report trouble with the application of the protective layer, while many others do not. My experience may have mimicked those who had problems. Yet the problem was of my own making. I'm writing so others can learn from my experience. The two star review is a lie; it deserves 4-5 stars, really, but I want this to be read by the suspicious or the inept, so I am putting this down for two stars.



Each protective sheet actually comes as THREE SHEETS of plastic, with one tab sticking out for pulling off the bottom sheet and another tab for removing the top sheet from the actual middle protective layer. I did not initially know that three sheets were involved. Thus, for a while I was cursing the manufacturer, as some reviewers have, for using a permanent-type sticky goo for attaching the top layer tab to the top sheet. That was when my son pointed out that there were three sheets and that I did not have to remove the tab from the top sheet; I had only to peel the top sheet off of the middle layer.



The idiot (me) proof instructions should be as follows:



There are THREE sheets of plastic. The middle sheet is the actual protective sheet for the phone, being sticky on one side (the bottom)and smooth on its top. The other sheets protect the middle one from grease and fingerprints until the middle layer is attached to the phone. The bottom film is peeled off initially. This exposes the sticky side of the middle layer, protective screen. Then one sticks the COMBINATION of the protective, sticky-on-one-side, sheet and the top sheet onto the phone, starting on the bottom and working toward the top. This readily enables a bubble-free attachment. Finally, one peels off the top layer, starting with the paper tab that is affixed to the top sheet. This leaves the phone ready for use with the tab-free actual protective screen attached. 5x LG Optimus S LS670 Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Shield Cover Guard Film Kit, no cutting is required! Exact fit and satisfaction guaranteed!

I wanted a screen protector for my LG Optimus V and was wary of ordering these after some of the reviews. I decided to order them anyway and am glad that I did - they worked out way better than I expected.



1. The image of the protector isn't completely accurate since these DO have the proximity sensor cut-out for when you're talking on the phone



2. I received 5 of these, not 3 like one reviewer stated



3. The screen protector was super easy to apply. This isn't rocket science people and I don't understand why so many reviewers are having problems. I'd been using my phone for a month before I got these protectors and the screen had plenty of oil and dirt on it. I used the supplied cloth to wipe the screen off and it was clean. Then I applied the protector. Just line up the protector and peel off the backing bit-by-bit (not all at once!) while you squeegee along with the card that's included. I had two small bubbles that were very easy to squeegee out at the end.



This protector fits perfectly on my LG Optimus V.

I needed a cover and I bought 5 of them for $.01, Although the shipping was $2.99 and I was a little cheesed at first. A few days later, when I was at the mall my friend was about to buy them, and they cost $14.99, so I felt better about this purchase.

Got this item in the mail yesterday. VERY easy to affix. I was able to attach my first screen protector on the first try with no problems. I have just two (teensy-weensy) complaints. First, there's a notch cut in the top where one isn't necessary on the phone. Not a big deal, since it doesn't really get in the way or leave the phone protected in any way. Also, one of the tabs that says "remove" left some residue on the protector, but it's on the frame part of the phone and doesn't get in the way of use at all. If it bothered me that much, I could just try affixing another screen protector to be done with it, but it doesn't, so I'll let it go. I love the finish on the phone. It doesn't hold on to fingerprints or smudges like the original screen did, which is nice. It's so disheartening to use your phone, then let it catch light to see all the smudges like you're some dirty person. lol. Anyway, I LOVE these protectors. Very easy to attach and even easier to use.



Also, I have a tip for anybody who notices any small bubbles that you just can't seem to remove: let the phone sit overnight. I had a couple of small bubbles that I wasn't able to get rid of, so I just gave up and decided to let them be. After a night of letting the phone sit and charge, I noticed this morning that the bubbles were completely gone. So, instead of burning through another protector or two, just try letting it sit for awhile to see if the bubbles go away on their own.

I'd tried several ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD screen protectors and found them very difficult to install, they looked terrible, they distorted the screen image (even the ones that installed well), and their rubbery surface simply doesn't work for a touch screen.



This 5-pack costs LESS (incl shipping) than ZAGG charges for a "free" replacement of a single invisbleSHIELD.



These screen protectors are so easy to install, it makes a complete joke of ZAGG's complicated installation procedure: Peel a sheet off the adhesive side, put in on the screen, peel another sheet off the top side. Done!



A small microfiber cloth and a squeegee are included with each of the 5 protectors.



The protectors are incredibly smooth. Touching and using the screen works fine -- again very different from the rubbery, touch-resistant surface of the ZAGGs.



A few minor issues keep me from giving these a 5-star rating:



(1) The protector doesn't fit the screen exactly, it's a bit smaller. Not a big deal, better than it being too big.



(2) The protector is not completely glass clear, it has a little bit of "tint" which reduces screen brightness.



(3) My phone has a matte screen, whereas this protector is quite glossy and reflective.



(4) It gets smudgy and you have to wipe it clean frequently.



These are minor issues. And for the price these protetors are a great value. Seriously, they make ZAGG look like a complete scam! - Screen Protectors - Android - Virgin Mobile - Lg Optimus'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screen Protectors - virgin mobile, android lg optimus Screen Protectors - virgin mobile, android