Wednesday 26 May 2010

Monitoring Systems - affordable, driveway alert


Excellent value for the money. Very effective detection of movement with loud, effective alarm. I am using them to prevent unwanted entry by animals (heron) and people (children, especially) to my pond. Wireless Motion Sensor Alarm and Chime Kit (2 Pack) with two remote controls and wall mount

I puchased the Wireless Motion Sensor Alarm and Chime Kit (2 Pack) on amazon to replace another aged system. I was pleased with the equipment and installation simplicity. Being unable to find a "radio controlled" similar alarm system for buget applications, the Infra-red type works well. However, a "line ot sight is needed to set/disable the unit. There is a built-in delay after activation that helps. The supplier, D B Roth, provided great service after determining the units were in stock after a previous dead end attempt.

This item comes in a two-pack from DB Roth. As for my order, one pack worked, the other didn't. I contacted DB Roth customer service and they quickly replaced the defective one with a new one. Excellent customer service on their behalf. As for the product, it does the job and then some.

I have purchased 5 of these for rental property basement entries, etc. 2 of the 5 didn't work. The ones that did work, worked great for protecting inside areas. They are way too loud to be used for welcoming customers, but perfect to let you know that someone unwanted has entered an area.

I go in and out of my garage and leave the door up. I was burgularized of tools when in the house so I bought this unit. The sensor needed to cover 15 ft away across the garage door opening, and it only covers 10 feet, usually---never further. So, money wasted on false advertising.

Also, I had a 6 volt converter to avoid batteries in the main unit and the unit would not work, even though the converter tested 6.2 volts with a voltmeter.

I guess if you want to secure an 8' wide area, this would work. I'll just junk this, $16 bucks wasted. PS....don't EVER take the case apart. Takes an hour to get everything back in place where it will fit. (switches, a/c adapter, etc.)

The one I got was a one unit pack,but identical mfgr & package for $15.xx not $22.

Zero Stars...It seems China has no quality control at their manufacturing facilities. THis is a major problem of late on any items dealing with motion or alarms. The package of two...one did not respond at all in the standby mode and the other would only pick up motion when I waved a magazine 1 inch in front of the sensor; and it only did it one time. Subsequent tries failed. It's advertised for a range of 16 feet...no way. you'd be lucky if they worked at all. Save your time and money. i have had to send other items, (China mad), back to Amazon because of defects.

Would like a sensor that chimes inside. This chimes outside. must respond with wireless remote or it starts alarming even in pleasant mode. I wanted a wireless motion sensor that chimes inside so I know when someone has entered my yard or driveway. This product is of no use to me yet not worth enough to return. Will end up at the dump.

Package makes NO mention of Chime option! Could NOT find/get Chime option on switch(remote).

Thus this AD should NOT state "and Chime" ! I wanted the chime option...

But it is too much hastle to return... so I got plenty of ALARMS now. :(

The units came with no instructions at all. And, neither of the units I got had the switch to go between chime and alarm. This switch shows up in the Amazon video review, but was missing from both units. Also, the range of the remotes was less than 3 feet. For a temporary alarm in your home or hotel room, I suppose these have some value, but I didn't get what was advertised. - Home Security - Motion Sensor - Driveway Alert - Affordable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Monitoring Systems - affordable, driveway alert driveway alert Monitoring Systems - affordable, driveway alert