Sunday 9 May 2010

Pre-kindergarte - communication, kids


I bought this game not knowing what to expect. Of the 51 cards, there are many cards in this pack that were hits with my children (who are 4 and 6). Some of the cards are games, and some are thought-provoking questions (such as: what is your favorite color? food?). The cards are good conversation starters, and the children do get excited when we bring the box to the table. Each card can be played very quickly and with little preparation time or supplies. To play the games, children do not need to read.



Nevertheless, most of the ideas in the box are tried and true games that we adults have played at some point in our lives. (They will be new to your kids.) The box is a nice vehicle to lend excitement to familiar parlor games, but it is not necessary.



Am I glad that I bought the box? Yes. For a relatively small expenditure, I can have some creative ideas at my fingertips. Do you need this box to have family fun at the dinner table? No, but you will have to work a little harder to create the family fun without the pre-packaged suggestions. Beginner Dinner Games

Both my kids (5 and 2) enjoy and this game and it makes dinner time fun. I questioned whether to get this version or the older version for my 5 year old and she likes this younger version just fine. There are not many cards but she likes to play her favorite games over and over. Even though the 2 year old doesn't understand he picks up on the fun and some of the easy concepts.

We have had so much fun with this game. We love to play games at dinner so this allows everyone to participate. We recently had family in town and played young and old alike. Everyone had a blast and my son is learning a lot about taking turns, following directions and playing fair. I highly recommend.

We bought this for our daughter as a stocking stuffer. I have two girls ages 6 and almost 3. Prior to buying this game dinners were something I dreaded. My girls complained about what I fixed and we spent most of dinner telling our children to sit in their seats and eat nicely, begging them to eat and behave. Now my girls our so excited to play that they sit and eat with their manners. We don't start the games until half way through dinner and this gives them incentive to eat. We usually select 2-3 cards prior to dinner and then we start to play. The games really encourage family interaction. We all talk, joke, and share like never before. There are also games that encourage learning such as listening to a story and then answering questions or figuring things out. My youngest doesn't always follow the instructions, but she tries to play her best and has fun. All of the games our unique and really make dinner a special time. We now spend more time as a family around the table. This is my first review and as a busy mom I never thought I would write one, but this product is so great I had to share. A must have for families with young children. Great for going out to eat too.

Family Time Fun Beginner Dinner Games



Dinner time used to be a chore for us. We have a 3 year old and a 5 year old who don't like to sit at the table, but that has changed for us. My kids love the games in this product. They are engaged and ask to play it every time we sit down as a family. It's a great product!

My family always played "talking games" at the table growing up, though they came out of my mother's own head. We got the Beginner Dinner Games set for my nieces because their dad didn't do that with them, and we thought it would give him some ideas - and it did! The kids glommed onto it like nobody's business and really loved it. Still do, in fact.



One thing I don't like, though, is that not all the cards are games. Some are little puzzles that, really, can only be done once. Not so much fun there.

Bought this for my daughter who is 7. She loves games and I thought it would be a good opener for talking at dinner.

We have had fun each night answering questions about our day or about each family member.

Dinner time with my 3 1/2 and 5 1/2 year old sons can easily turn into potty humor and silly talk. With these games, the adults and children are brought into a conversation everyone can enjoy! From talking about our days, eating new foods, or sharing silly stories, the activities on the cards make dinner time fun. We keep them on the table and the boys regularly request them.

I got this on a whim for my 2 daughters, ages 3 & 6. We had been having some attention span problems at the dinner table and these games have really helped us. The kids beg to get out a new game and are willing to stay at the table a little longer without pouting or complaining.



Like other reviewers mentioned, I could have made up a lot of these myself. It is, however, nice having a list all in one place. The attractive packaging makes it much more exciting for the children as well. Some of the games are certainly more fun than others. Thumbs Up was a big hit. What's Missing didn't work out so well when someone decided to hide peas under the table.



All in all, I like the variety of games. We've enjoyed using them and will continue to use them.

This game has brought new fun and interactivity to dinner time with our two four-year olds. When we have company with little kids, it is fun with them, also. These games hold our light eaters at the table longer. Some even get them to eat and drink more! We highly recommend this product. - Familytime Fun - Family - Kids - Communication'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pre-kindergarte - communication, kids kids Pre-kindergarte - communication, kids