Thursday 6 May 2010

Marine - boat, marine


I thought this would be a great battery box when I ordered it. It's a good price, with a good marine name (Attwood). However I had to return it as it had one fatal flaw. This is a "vented" battery box... which is good, but they decided to put the air vent holes on the top of the battery box directly over the terminals! What good is a battery box on a boat if you have water/rain splashing and having that water being directed to drain directly on top of your live electric metal battery terminals/wires and then ultimately filling up with battery box with water so your battery is "swimming in a bath of water! I guess I could have put a couple of pieces for tape over the holes as there is already plenty of venting in the box where the cable openings are, but why not just buy a marine ready box?



I understand from Attwood's web site that they make a "non-vented" version. It's harder to find, but boaters should get that box instead. Attwood Standard Battery Box, Vented, 24 series - Boat - Marine'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Marine - boat, marine boat Marine - boat, marine