Thursday 6 May 2010

Expanding File Jackets - smead, storage


These 13 pocket expanding files are a MUST for organization. Get at least three. One to organize your receipts (1 current month and 12 past months), one to organize your classes, clubs, and careers, and one as a portable tickler file until I can store the new information into the relevant places. Smead Frequency Expanding Files, Waterproof and Tear Resistant Materials (70863)

This is an excellent quality expanding file. It is sturdy and looks professional and includes paper label inserts to personally label your sections as you like. The clasp is secure and easy to use. Would buy again!

This folder is excellent! It comes with enough pockets and the corners are sealed so that any small items cannot fall out. The pocket separators are clear, and you can add labels to the tabs on top to separate documents. It has an elastic band that you can snap on to close the folder and keep it that way.

I used this for international travel and it was great, I always knew where all my documents where and they were easy to find.

This folder was exactly what I needed to carry around a lot of various papers; its many pockets expand several inches, so running out of space is not an issue. However, the plastic that is used to make the sidings is very weak, particularly at the point where it is bonded to the case at the rear. Upon opening the expanding file, the plastic tore away from the bond. It still functions, but when the folder is open, it flops over on one side. If you can be careful, you might be able to avoid this, but with little effort, mine snapped under the pressure.

Much more room than I had expected. I think I could fit several hundred pages in here, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Even each compartment has enough space for a small novel. If I were to guess, the entire file folder expands to about 8" wide.



Now the *exterior* material may be of the type that resists water and is stiff, but I can see my pages underneath. It covers the top, front and back. Not underneath. The inside compartments appear to be glued or pressed in, with a much thinner material, almost like a tearable plastic film. Today is my first day owning it. So far so good, but I can see the potential for this falling completely apart. By that I mean if it breaks down, nothing will keep your papers inside because that durable exterior plastic does not wrap all the way around the folder.



What bugs me, however, it that they sent me one that was damaged. That little elastic band that holds it shut has little notches on it, giving the appearance that it has been squeezed or that the band has deteriorated. I'm very disappointed they would attach damaged materials to their product. This is how you lose customers, guys. Design is one thing, but quality control is another. This wasn't something that happened in shipping or packaging, you tried to use materials that should have been thrown away. This band will surely snap in a matter of days, being that part of it is only holding together by a few threads. - File Organizer - Expanding File Jackets - Storage - Smead'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Expanding File Jackets - smead, storage smead Expanding File Jackets - smead, storage