Monday 3 May 2010

Cycling - hand tools, 2009 amazon frustration-fre


Very nice heay duty tool to help you change bike tires with out pinching the tubes as like in the old days with screw drives etc.Saves both time and your energy. I rate this product very high. Shipped to my door very fast also. Thank you Park Tool TR-1 Tire and Tube Repair Kit

As an avid cyclist, this thing comes in handy a lot. Makes repairs quick and easy and has definitely more than paid for itself with the time and money I've saved. Your results may vary on the repairs, but you'll most certainly end up with something to last you until you can get where you're going and they might just last a little longer. Have had some patched tubes last me longer than the tires themselves. Never had a problem with anything drying out but I probably go through these more quickly than most.

The levers seemed strong but the tip does bend after several uses. Also the patch seems to hold air after several weeks and gradually leak over a 2 month period despite proper patching technique. I find rubber cement patch kit work better than this tape patch even though it's more convenient on trails.

These were solid and got the job done. They are very low profile and stack together so they are easy to keep in a bike bag or tool box. Simple and all you need. DO NOT get metal tire levers if you have powdercoated wheels, they will scratch them. This set is perfect for powder coated wheels.

Great poduct and makes chaning a bike flat much easier. I also like that becasue it is made of hard plastic I don't have to worry about scratching my rims up really bad like when i used a screw driver.

Park makes some awesome tools and these tire levers are no exception. I always run Continental tires on my road bike which are super tight. Ordinary tire levers just won't work: the tips are too wide, they flex too much, or they just break. Park levers are the best I've tried: The tips are sharp enough (not too sharp), and they're stiff as steel.

This is the third type of lever I have used so far. It is, by far, the sturdiest brand that I have used. One weakness of this model is that it's hard to mount tires with these levers. I know I'm not supposed to use levers to mount tires, but I use tubes as rim strip, which makes it difficult to mount tires by hand. Other than that, it does its job at dismounting tires well.



As for the pre-glued patches, they will stick as long as you don't get your fingerprint all over them. They worked as expected.

I purchased this item needing to patch a tire on my childrens bicyle. The tools that is included in this kit made takeing the tire off the rim super easy. I mean I have used and fought a screwdriver before and this is a better way. Definately recommend buying this item. - Bike Tool - 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - Bike Repair - Hand Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cycling - hand tools, 2009 amazon frustration-fre 2009 amazon frustration-fre Cycling - hand tools, 2009 amazon frustration-fre