Monday 3 May 2010

Diamond Cutting Wheel - burr, bits


This is an excellent value. Each burr is a different size and shape, resulting in an assortment that works for almost every need. (Missing are the very small sizes, but those would need a much finer grit) As mentioned in the product title, these are designed to carve hard materials...ceramic, tile, glass and stone. A steel burr set would be a better choice for wood.



An earlier product headline stated that these are 120 grit. I was guessing 150 grit, but the spec seems to have disappeared. Whichever it is, it works for most applications. 50pc DIAMOND BURR SET- Ceramics Tile Glass Lapidary for ROTARY TOOLS

I wanted to carve animal tracks in a terracotta porcelain tile I was laying on a southwestern style portal. I ordered these bits to try, because the set was less expensive than the cost of one diamond bit I had looked at. I had heard that to keep the diamond bits in good shape, I should puddle a little water on the top of what I was carving. I did that, making sure I was grounded, wore a rubber glove to help protect the Dremel from the water..and they worked great! I was able to use the different shapes to carve realistic paw prints. As another plus: It was shipped very quickly.

I purchased this set of diamond burr because I was working on a project that involved mirrors. This set of tools was just want I needed; the other glass cutting instruments that I had were not working. I was able to drill holes through the mirrors for handles (eight to be exact) and shape my mirror pieces as needed. I would not have been able to do get the job done without the diamond burr set.



The only drawback for me, because I'm new at this, is that I did not know which tool is best for a particular job so it was trial and error. Some directions for usage (what's best for what type of job) would have been very useful.

Great variety and quantity for the price. I'm using mine on soft stones. When I ordered I couldn't find the grit in the description....I think it just says medium. FYI the packaging I recieved says 120 grit.

After trying to use a blade on my rotary tool to cut tile. I gave up and in desperation used this. This tool worked great. It ate through the tile makes about a 1/4 inch gouge but worked great for what I needed. I went through 3 blades before switching to this and only used 1 of these to make as more cuts as the blades did in less time. I am very impressed with this item so far.

I know they say ceramic and glass but for the fine detail work in metal that I do on my sculptures they work greatPro-Quality 20-Piece Diamond-Point Bit Set for Rotary Tool - Glass, Stone, Ceramic. 50pc DIAMOND BURR SET- Ceramics Tile Glass Lapidary for ROTARY TOOLS

I have only tried one bit (its winter and I can't get outside to do my work) but I tried it on some stones of various hardnesses and they worked beautifully. I am looking forward to trying out the rest come spring.

I am buying my second set of these, as the most used pieces are beginning to be worn out, which is amazing after months of pretty intense carving in limestone. The shapes of the bits are mostly perfect, with there being about 10 that i use constantly, and the rest occasionally. - Bits - Burr - Dremel - Arts And Crafts'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Diamond Cutting Wheel - burr, bits arts and crafts Diamond Cutting Wheel - burr, bits