Saturday 22 May 2010

Analog Watch - utilitarian, casual watch


I've had this watch for two months now, and I think what I like about it most, is that you can easily tell what time it is from varying angles. It is comfortable on the wrist, looks classy, and I'm sure this watch will last a long time - I have only owned swiss military watches for the past 30 years - and they have never failed me. Wenger Swiss Military Men's 72917 Classic Field Black Dial Brown Leather Military Watch

I suspect many are like me and bought this watch even though we wanted something else. The original Swiss Army watch by Victorinox is exceptionally beautiful, but at a premium price (retails at three times the price). But the Wenger is a good substitute.I like what I've seen so far, but I'll have to wait. The first watch I got had a loose minute hand that wobbled from side to side as the watch was rotated. I'm pretty sure that's not normal. Note: I'm not talking about the same phenomenon that affects the seconds hand on nearly every digital analog watch. Those are notoriously wobbly and misaligned even on very expensive marques.This watch is a little bigger than I'm used to (don't know what the reviewer below means by "small") at 41 mm, but I think it'll grow on me. Rolex has a standard of 35mm for their dress watches and Victorinox is about ideal at 38mm. But, hey...bigger is better, right? It sure is easy to read.Note that the watch pictured above is NOT the same watch that Amazon is shipping. You can see the actual model on Wenger's web site. The bezel is slightly bulkier and the numbers are larger and more blocky in appearance. The band is also different. I actually prefer the look of the one Amazon pictures, but that's not the one you're going to get.

I got this watch about five days ago and love the design and build quality. Simple, finely machined bezel, with an incredibly legible face. A great watch for someone who appreciates low key good looks rather than bling. The leather band is comfortable, and feels durable, but time will tell. I owned a timex expedition that aped the design, and while that was a decent watch for what I payed, it didn't have anywhere near the substantial heft or build quality as this Wenger.

This is a nice small watch that has a very good feel. It runs well and keeps good time. I got this watch as a gift, I would not haved picked it out for me as the band is to funky, it has a problem fitting the watch. I changed the band to a swiss black leather and nylon band and it looks great. So with that, its a great watch. I wear it all the time. - Swiss Watch - Casual Watch - Analog Watch - Utilitarian'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Analog Watch - utilitarian, casual watch analog watch Analog Watch - utilitarian, casual watch