Monday 26 April 2010

Wireless N - wireless n, router


I'm no tech savvy guy

Bought this on the advice of my son-in-law who is a network security analyst for the Air Force. I was looking at a more expensive router, and he told me this is all I would need at a much better price. I anticipated waiting for him to come from out of town to set it up for me, but it was so simple I set it up myself the same day it arrived and had it up and running for a week before he came to visit. Two computers, a tablet, and my DVD player all connected much easier than I thought they would. Couldn't beat the price at Amazon. Belkin N450 Wireless N+ Router (Latest Generation)

I was looking to increase my range and my speed with this purchase, which replaced a Belkin G Wireless Router. That router still works just fine, but range, and I had noticed some loss of signal when using Netflix through the Roku box (wireless connection) through my cottage's DSL connection (CenturyLink 1.5Mb/s).



The N450 does the job very, very well. It's much faster, and very easy to setup, and the range is at least twice what its predecessor (in this cottage) was. I use Vonage for my VOIP service, and there was literally nothing to setting that up with the N450.



I also like the ability to create a "guests" network with this router. Easy to do, easy to use for visitors to our getaway place.



I shopped around online, and saw this for as much as $99 or more, but ended up making the purchase for $59.95/plus tax at Walmart.



I was tempted to go with the Belkin N600 for another $10, but it had features that I just don't need at this location.



I recommend.



Thanks. - Wireless N - Router - Wireless - Wifi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Wireless N - wireless n, router wifi Wireless N - wireless n, router