Monday 26 April 2010

Mac Mini - mount, macmini


Very versatile mount for the mini. I originally planned on using the mount to attach the computer to the underside of my desk. I noticed that the hole spacing on the mount matched that of the VESA mount on the back of the monitor I was using with the computer. I went to the local hardware store and purchased a couple of flat head screws for $0.50 (metric, size M4). Screwed the mount to the back of the monitor, slipped the mini into place, and presto - instant iMac. H-Squared MINIIMOUNT-S Mini Mount for Mac Mini

In the interest of getting the top of my desk cleared out. I have been using a custom made tower PC with windows on it for years on top of the desk. One day while thinking ahead during a television and renovation upgrade in my house. I said to myself, can I clean out the top of my desk in anyway. I was also in the mood to switch from Windows to Mac. I came across this device after I decided on a 32 inch television for the office. I figured I could put the mini mac on the wall behind the tv, which was installed on a swing arm mount. Now the top of my desk is clean. So I give this a five stars out of five stars, just for having my desk cleared out. This device can be installed both on the wall and under the desk. This device allows you to slide the mini computer onto the rack and still have access to the USB ports on the back and also the dvd insert. The device comes with a second mount that will allow you to hang up the power pack next to the mini computer.

H-Squared MINIIMOUNT-S Mini Mount for Mac Mini: This is a great product that lets you mount your Mac mini to a variety of locations, such as onto back of LCD monitor via VESA, or to wall or other structure. Simple, clean product. Good seller. A+

It works great for mounting a mac to a VESA-standard monitor, as I did. But you need your own machine screws. Not expensive (only a buck from amazon) but it took me a while to figure out which ones -- try these: [...]



If you were to mount it to a wall, you'd probably be disappointed that you'd again need your own hardware. It comes with two drywall anchors. Two. Probably sufficient for the mac itself, but four would be nice.



Also note that in addition to the plastic mount for the mac itself, it includes another mount for the power supply. If you want to use it. Again, you'll need your own hardware.



Note this is for the original mac mini body design -- the one sold from 2005 - early 2010. Won't work for the newer "unibody" mac minis sold after mid 2010. - Macmini - Mac - Mac Mini - Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mac Mini - mount, macmini mac Mac Mini - mount, macmini