Saturday 24 April 2010

winches - winches


This winch rocks. I bought it to use on a flat deck car trailer for a race car. It has plenty of power and the best thing is the 30' long wired remote. The Warn 3700 winch I almost bought instead had a much shorter remote control cable. With the Superwinch's 30' remote control, I can stand next to the car and steer it while winching it onto the trailer rather than having to put down the remote and walk back to the car and adjust the steering wheel and then walk back to use the remote. Superwinch 1440200 S4000 Series Master Winch

This winch works great. I use it in my trailer to pull in my 2800lb race car. It never hesitates. The only thing I wish was that the hand controller was another 6 to 8 foot longer. I have the winch in the front of my 26ft trailer and the controller is just not quite long enough to run the wheel and pull the winch at the same time.....But they do send a nice wireless setup that i plan on buying.

I got the S4000 for my enclosed trailer for my off-road car. Its a light car under 3000 Lbs, but the trailer ramp door is fairly steep and Sand Paddle tires give it significant rolling resistance. The S4000 is great to use and 30' remote is a time save, and like the winch is well built.



This is not my first winch. I had a couple others in other trailers. I was never happy with any others. It could be because they were China built, or just poor quality even though they were not cheap. The pull rating even though it was higher or equal to the S4000 was no where close in the real world.



The S4000 also sounds like a quality piece when its winding in rather than shaking a coffee can of nuts and bolts like the cheap winches.



What would I change? It should come with Synthetic rope being a trailer winch as the price of winch rope has come down so much (other than Superwinch and Warn). I am going to upgrade to rope as soon as I can.



Overall its a very winch at a good but not cheap price. Did I mention its USA made? I called the company and checked before I ordered it. By the way they were great on the phone and gave me good advice on mounting and Battery hook up. I asked about replacement and spare parts - no problem there either which can be a big problem with cheaper winches.



It also looks great in the trailer and the design makes it easy to clean!

It does not pull its rated load. Its been four months and it still works, but if you are searching for a specific load calculate about half of what they claim. This unit is more designed for pulling a small 3000 lb car rolling in neutral up a low ramp. If you need more than that go elsewhere - Winches'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


winches - winches winches winches - winches