Thursday 22 April 2010

Purple Plastic Mousepad


I normally am not in the market for a mouse pad, I mean how often do you need to replace those? However, when I did have to replace mine I made sure I did my research so I would have a quality mouse pad that would last just as long as my last one. The first thing that caught my eye was obviously the design, fun yet not too much for the office, a bit of my personality to brighten up my desk.

Couple of major talking points...

1. it's not too bulky and blends nicely with the desk

2. it makes any mouse I use on it roll like a dream - I have had to replace quite a few mice lately. Along that note it was so great I also bought one for my home use as well!

3. spill resistant...Thank God.

4. Great quality for the price.



FABULOUS PRODUCT!!! 3M Ms201PS Precise Mousing Surface (Purple Sandpainting)

The accuracy of your mouse is especially vital when drawing. Although not a common practice with most computer work, drawing is a major component of CAD work. While the average user willappreciate and notice the quick smooth response of the mouse too.The CAD or Drawing user will wonder how he/she lived without this kind of surface for mousing. The surface is a kind of ^^^^^ roughened but textured plastic surface that is easily cleaned and resists water, coffee or soda spills perfectly. The idea is that dust particles that cause your mouse to slip are trapped in the pits of the mousing surfaceand the ball of the mouse stays clean and in contact with the points of the surface. This causes the ball of the mouse to move absolutely when the mouse is moved. The first impression is WOW. It actually feels better than any mouse feels. Your mouse will feel like a new better mouse. I've not noticed anything but a good feel from this surface. When trying to move the mouse just a bit, this surface allows me to control the movement of the cursor 'just right'. I like that. It's for sure a better mouse pad. By a long shot. that is easily cleaned

A friend of mine gave me one of these when I went to the U of MN many years ago (circa 1997), and I've been using it heavily ever since. It's only now, after 14 years, showing signs of discoloration and wear at the edges and I'm glad to see I can replace it; for some stupid reason I always assumed it was a short-run product available only in Minnesota back in the days of ball mice. It's washable, and people may be struck by its thin and floppy shape, after using one the spongy surfaces of cheap mousepads (which resist mouse gliding) and the overslick, harder new optical pads have never felt right to me.



I don't know if they've changed the surface in all this time, but mine has a great frictioned surface that enhanced precision on ball mice, has continued to work peerlessly with optical mice, and now just great with a laser mouse.



Now that I see 3M still makes them, I'm considering one with a wrist rest, but washability is what has made the first one last so long so I may just do what I did with the old one: use it laid on top of a separately purchased wrist-rest/crappy mouse pad combo.



edit: I ended up buying this item, and I find it is larger than my old one (a good thing) but otherwise identically great, and my honorable old mouse pad could finally be laid to rest.

I have purchased four of these. One for each laptop, one for work, and one for the desktop.



For the laptops - they are easy to put in a sleeve or a laptop bag with out adding any bulk (they are about as thick as cardstock).



I also love them as a mousing surface for when I using my laptop on the coach. It prevents wear on the surface of the couch, provides a lint free surface for the mouse, and improves tracking.



For the desktops I appreciate the low profile, the surface provides excellent precise tracking.



I also just love the color.



I've been using this for over 6 months and am very pleased

Super nice mousepad..Love the design. It is thin but not flimsy at all..Mouse control is great. I use it with the Magic Mouse for iMac and a logitech optical mouse for pc and both work wonderfully with this

This is a good mousepad for the price, but be warned-- it slides around a bit. It is very thin and stylish as well as being great for moving the mouse around. So the only complaint is that it moves with the mouse sometimes.

The 3M Mousing Surface is great! It is roughly the thickness of a mid-weight cardstock. No more cordless mouse sliding off the edge of the much thicker mouse pad which I previously used. It has a very subtle texture to it-like extremely small grooves tightly packed within the surface. I chose the purple sandpainting design-looks exactly like the pic on Amazon website. Received it quickly, as usual, from Amazon. Very happy with the product and Amazon!

I have been using this mouse pad since it came out years ago. It provides great feedback and accuracy for graphics with the mouse. Its very thin and can be easily trimmed to fit a workspace. The only issue I have is that they warp over time, the edges start to curl even with double sticky under them. But that's after several years of hard use. Just so long as I can keep getting them its not an issue. Great product.

I wasn't expecting the pad to be so thin. It is like a thin piece of plastic with a special surface. It is not the foam pads you are used to getting. At first I was a little disappointed, but after using it I think it will be fine. I am using it for my laptop so I plan on packing it around. This will be ideal.

Be advised: this is a small, very thin (flimsy even), plastic-y "mousepad". Best for travel as it fits nicely in a laptop bag/backpack. I do however like the marbled, purple design, hence the 3 star review.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Purple Plastic Mousepad Purple Plastic Mousepad Purple Plastic Mousepad