Sunday 4 April 2010

Power Cable - cord, extension cord


Low profile fits behind our bookshelves, which are set away from the wall with the distance of the baseboard. Also don't have to worry about bumping into it and bending the prongs. Also like that it's off-set so you can plug in other things on the bottom. Be sure to get this one that has the 3rd ground plug rather than the cheaper one without the ground plug. TRC 90511Flatplug Ultra Thin Profile 3-Wire Cord 6-Foot-16/2-Inch, White

Bottom line: If you need to extend one and only one plug from an outlet then I'm sure this will do the trick for you. Everyone else - stay away.



The design of the plug manages to block outlets whether they are located below or to the side of this plug. I needed to access both outlets - so I'm out of luck. While I appreciate the value of a flat-headed outlet plug, why in the world would you gerrymander it in such a way as to actually *block* the use of any other outlets? The picture suggests that it curves out of the way, but if you closely examine the size of the head, you'll see that two of these don't quite fit on a standard outlet. Maybe if you filed down the plug? But are you seriously going to damage a plug and then stick it behind furniture where you won't see if it's overheating?



I got several of these and am very disappointed that I cannot use two of these on a standard house outlet because one will always be blocking the other. I also can't use this on an electrical strip for the same reason. I even found an outlet strip oriented horizontally (plugs sideways) and the plug on these cords *still* manages to partly cover those up, too.



Very disappointing. These are useless to me and it's not worth returning. Maybe I'll use them in the shop, someday. Booooo!

Functional and the flattest extension cord I've been able to find. Main downside is that the outlet part is boxy and larger than on a standard 3-outlet extension cord. Also, note there is no surge protection.

I needed to be able to use the receptacle that was half covered by my stove for can opener, blender, etc; so this flat plug cord is perfect, because the depth of a regular plug would make my stove sit out further from the wall. I'm very pleased with the quality of this cord. I have other flat plug cords, but this cord is nicer.

This is a nice 3 wire flat plug extension cord - since this is in an area off my bathroom sink, it is necessary to have a flat plug that will not be accidentally bumped. As this is a location near water, I have this plugged into a GFI outlet for safety. The quality seems good , however I hate the cheapening of todays electrical cords - used to be 15 amp was standard for extension cords, now it is 13 amp. Since the average circuit breaker in a home is 15 amp, I feel that this is penny wise and pound foolish. How much money does this slightly thinner wire save, as compared to a standard old 15 amp extension cord?

The plug on this cord is extremely thin: I measured that it pokes out less than half an inch from the plug. I didn't think the golden "pull ring" would be useful, but I think trying to unplug something like this without one would be pretty dangerous. Since it is so thin, it would be hard to avoid your fingers coming in contact with the plug as you pull it out. The only complaint I have about the Flatplug is the way it is bent. They do this so that the plug below is not being covered. However, I actually need the cord to go in the other direction. This means that the cord has to bend around and actually adds quite a bit of depth which somewhat eliminates the purpose of having a flat plug. I fixed this by taking the electrical box out of the wall and turning it upside down, but it would be nice to maybe have two versions of this cord.

Grounded flatplug extension cords are very hard to find. Most are not grounded. I couldn't find grounded flatplugs at the popular hardware or home improvement stores.



These are also flatter than the other flatplug extensions.



Excellent product, good price at Amazon.

I got this along with a Coleman and a Slimline to see which I liked best. This one was the thinnest of all, at .44" (compared to as thick as .61" for the Coleman). I like the flip-out handle.



The only way to improve on this product would be to take Coleman's example and mold the outlet housing from hard rubber instead of a lighter plastic shell. - Extension Cord - Grounded - Extension - Cord'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Cable - cord, extension cord grounded Power Cable - cord, extension cord